Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
GYPSY PAVING
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My background's in the Intro forum.
Ive got a Appointment for the 21st. I have a female, Razor's/Gotti/Watchdog bloodline. APBT, and a female so I want to be careful not to make her SNOUT look long.
I stole a pic off here of a White Male Puppy that was cropped, i like the style, but whats all this talk -WITH BELL WITHOUT BELL stuff ? Also I see a cut thats CURVES in twords head, like the PUP pic i see, then i see crops that basically go STRAIT UP....The diagrams for SHORT-SHOW-LONG are side Veiws, so i cant tell what happens with the bell/front veiw etc.... Anyone with pics of Pups, or newly cropped pics or Sugestions would be apreciated. Again any input on best crops for the Sex because of being a smaller structured head etc.. I'd love to here opinions.. TY..

Attachments

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
i am pretty sure gotti/ razor ARE bully bloodlines not apbt

but with the original question here is a pic of my cheza who has a short show (closer to short than show) with bell

the bell is the curve of the cut, see how cheza curves out she has bell

there are some awesome dog on here with amazing crops, can't wait to see you babies before and afters she is super cute!!!

also a decent pic is one her her below in my signature

Reactions: pitbullmamanatl

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
First off I'm not trying to be a jerk, but with those bloodlines and that photo you posted you most certainly have a Bully. Regardless of the true type of your dog I always go with a crop that is in-between a short crop and a show crop for height. I also have most of the bell removed. I've posted photo below of my dogs crops. Good luck with your pup.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Xena has a Short crop

Mae and Stack have 2 inch Shows Crops

Kamakazi's Crop was subposted to be a 2in Show but came out very wrong.
When she held them back normal they looked like this and where great.

But they did have excess bell and if she "perked" her ears they went like so lol

·
3,272 Posts
First off I'm not trying to be a jerk, but with those bloodlines and that photo you posted you most certainly have a Bully. Regardless of the true type of your dog I always go with a crop that is in-between a short crop and a show crop for height. I also have most of the bell removed. I've posted photo below of my dogs crops. Good luck with your pup.

geez your dog make me drool lol they are amazing, i love how in shape they are, you seriously need to post more pics more offten lol

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Yes, Aireal and Doug are right. The bloodlines you listed are American Bully bloodlines thus you have an American Bully and that's what up. I prefer a short crop on my males and I think females look good somewhere between short and show.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Jezi has 1"1/2 with bell

JaBar has 1"3/4 w/o bell

is always best to go a lil longer than shorter. JaBar as a pup they looked big- yea I totally forgot that his head was going to pop out. lol....

·
3,272 Posts
how long is the heal time when the ears are cropped?
depends on the dog, sutures normally come out round 10 days after the sx, then you have the tapping period wich can last from a couple of week to several months, i think cheza was tapped up round 3 months, but then it was a learning experiance, once i got good at it they started to stand much better. once you have it done you should check out the thread on taping Lisa- performance Kennels put up, they where a life saver for me!!!

edit- it also depends on what style crop you get, they taller it is sometimes the long to stand, also what age the puppy is at the time of the crop

·
Registered
144 Posts
I told the vet i wanted the show crop but looks more like a long crop but here's a picture he probably had them taped for about three weeks.

·
Banned
319 Posts
my boy mase has a nice looking crop, hes traditional line dog... unfort. I cant post a pic right now it seems they changed my photobucket around... wow... looks awful... cant figure it out now.

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Welcome and cute looking pup... congrats! And Aireal pretty much has it covered as far as the process and follow-up care. My pup Spartacus went in for the cropping @ 12 weeks. He has the show crop w/no bell ...

Here are the then (12 weeks) and now (10 months) pictures... good luck with the cropping!

Attachments

Reactions: pitbullmamanatl

·
3,272 Posts
Spartacus is one good looing boy to, he is matueing VERY nicely :love:

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
I don't have much to add as far as ear cropping goes because I prefer a natural ear :) but I also have an American Bully with Razors edge and watchdog bloodlines and they are a bully line. My girl is already 40 lbs at 5 months old. A true APBT can weigh 40 lbs full growth. If you stay around you will learn as I did the difference between the two. Not trying to be a jerk or start anything ;) Your pup is beautiful!

·
GYPSY PAVING
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
WOW, Now This is a FORUM !!! lol.. Thanks for the feedback, and ALL of it is USEFULL !!!! Love the Pics, great for my research and also Beautiful Animals everyone has.This is my 4th Pit.
Now as far as the bloodlines Everyone is correct, they are BULLY lines, however My saying that she isnt bully had to do with her Body type as i wanted Ear crops for a STANDARD Pitbull body type because of the way her Parents look. SHE LOOKS kinda Big in that Photo, i'll post another as i think the last one is Deseaving a bit.IDK why her Parents are NOT the 100 lb BULLY's espessialy with those bloodlines, but they ACUALLY look like All your Pits. They have papers (parents) and so does mine, so its not a factor of (DO I REALLY KNOW WHAT I HAVE) i guess they could just be smaller bully's like any other breed could be. My Pup RESEMBLES my other 3 PITS to a T, So maybe her Parents were Just smaller in the Litter.
Last i think im somwhere in the ( SHORT/SHOW/Less BELL area as far as what i like for the crop. There are atleast 5 pics I saved to show my vet from what u all posted, Much appreciated. She will be 12 wks at time of crop, and BOY im hopeing theres not much Taping on my part for after care..then again ill do what i have to.

·
GYPSY PAVING
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Pics of Diamond

She Looks BIG in the other Pic cause it was a Close up I think..

Attachments

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
She is also still a puppy. You can't really judge their fully outcome at that age. Depending on the consistence in lines you can get an idea but until they start to mature your not going to know how she will be built.

Being an American Bully is also not determined by size. I often see people regard anything that is "out of standard" to APBTS or mixed with APBT as a Bully and that is not how it works.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Just a note not all bullys are 100lb monsters lol , one of my girls are 55lbs full grown and the other is about 60lbs right now at a year we dont expect her to get above 70lbs. cute puppy , looking at her parents you can get a guestimate as to how big she will be but really you wont know until she is done growing. I prefer a crop in the middle of show and short and I like bell on my dogs. Hope you post pics of her after you decide what crop yougo with :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
i think an important thing is to also accept that having a bully is okay.

i came to this forum looking for answers b/c my APBT was looking a little different then normal.... came to find out after showing his pedigree and things that he is a bully... and it not the end of the world... i know you have in your mind what you wanted when you bought the pup but you just need to keep an open mind and accept that what people tell you on here is true b/c these people know what they are talking about.... After talking to people on here and looking at pictures i've come to really appreciate the Am Bully breed and am very proud to own one.

your pup looks a LOT like mine.... and i have a very classic bully that is not going to be blown up and short and stumpy...

Anywho... my point i'm attempting to make is be proud of your dog and show it the respect it deserves by finding out exactly what it is... I wouldn't want people thinking that i am someone that i'm not....

·
GYPSY PAVING
445 Posts
Theres lots of Hipe these days about XXL Bully's, and there looks are not what I care for, However if she was a Big Girl, Dont get me wrong, id love My Diamond for whatever she was, lol..
Only from what Ive read about bully's, they seem to be a cross between Pits/English Bulldogs/and mastiff.
Some of the BULLY breeders online acually Post that they have gotten the SHORT stockyness from the English BullDogs, and Masive Weight from Mastiffs... So what EVER i got, She's a Dollface, lol... Ill Post a Pic of her Parent's...If anyones interested i also have the Pedigree line, (or whatever the List is called Of the Family tree)

Mom is the Blue one.
Dad white/etc...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 61 Posts