Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sooooooooooooo!!!!! i was walking kenya the other day, and some guy came up to me and asked

"is that a mini-pit?"

i answered" no, shes APBT. wat makes u think that?"

he said,"she she is very thin, and doesnt have a big head at all"

i took a deep breath and began the shpeal between bullys and APBTs.

and he said, "well my homeboy has a pitbull and he is muuuuccchhh bigger! he isnt fat tho, he is just hella big and HELla MUSCULAR! look i have a picture"

and he whips out his camera phone and shows me a picture of an AMERICAN BULLDOG.

i tried to remain calm, but giggled a little at this i said., "okay, sorry to tell u but thats not a pitbull in any shape or form, thats an american bull dog. its not a terrier (hence the name american pitbull TERRIER) american bull dogs come from the mastiff origins..."

and he got all offended "no effin way! my boy has a pit, ur dog is just some little mut, whatever u paid for it was a rip off, even if u got it for free its not a pitbull. its too little and its not even muscular! ur dog is some kinda BEAGLE or somethine!"

and he started to walk away.... i felt my face get sooooooo hot! i could not belive that he jsut blew me off like that!!!! i was sooo ready to strangle tha *astard.... but instead i took a breath and contiued our walk...

what i dont get is

HOW THE HECK CAN U CONFUSE AN AMERICAN BULL DOG WITH AN AMERICAN PITBULL TERRIER?????????

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
I woulda just laughed and been like "Whatever helps you sleep at night dude" lol

It actually happens a lot unfortunatly.
I was at Petco one time and this lady was walking a very obvious shepherd mix and she told me her vet said it was a Staffordshire Terrier. I almost grabbed one of the doggy handbooks off the shelf and shoved it in her face 'THIS is a staffie!' lol

People are just ignorant.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I woulda just laughed and been like "Whatever helps you sleep at night dude" lol

It actually happens a lot unfortunatly.
I was at Petco one time and this lady was walking a very obvious shepherd mix and she told me her vet said it was a Staffordshire Terrier. I almost grabbed one of the doggy handbooks off the shelf and shoved it in her face 'THIS is a staffie!' lol

People are just ignorant.
ur telling me!!!! people just surpise me. i mean i know im not an expert but PLEASE! lol

i like ur haircut (i saw ur halloween pics) looks good on ya :p

·
Banned
289 Posts
well I got a bassett hound mix by the master dog man at petsmart parking lot..=0P

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Oh yeah people are so dumb I had some guy with his blue bully tell me sadie was not 100% blue nose lmfao because she was too small ... I almost fell over in tears laughing so hard after a little lecture he graciously apoligized and went about his business

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Quite a few people have mistaken our new pup Easy for a lab. I just laugh it off and simply say no she's an American Pit Bull Terrier. They look at me funny...like yeah right. I know what I know and they think they know what they know so whatever. I do blame the bully breeders, rap videos, internet and the media for depicting them as the "real deal". Hell even the silouette for this site looks kinda bully...lol. Most people look at Charlotte and say now that's what a pitbull is supposed to look like (big and blue). Ironic stuff right there. All we can do as APBT owners is try to educate. You can't get but so mad at the ignorant.

·
Registered
153 Posts
You should have used reverse psychology on him, and said nah! he is extra large. He is only 2 days old.

Really though if what you read is misinforming then its easy to be misinformed

·
The M.F. Problem
4,878 Posts
Typical bull s***. I had a guy ask me if Taco is an Amercian or a red nose yesterday. I'mtired of it but it comes with the territory.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Typical bull s***. I had a guy ask me if Taco is an Amercian or a red nose yesterday. I'mtired of it but it comes with the territory.
Heheheheh you should have said well he's techinally a mexican american rednose that's why I named him taco lmfao :hammer: People are so dumb omg red I know you were cracking up over that one :rofl:

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Heheheheh you should have said well he's techinally a mexican american rednose that's why I named him taco lmfao :hammer: People are so dumb omg red I know you were cracking up over that one :rofl:
im cracking up about that one.... ahahah good on sadies:D

·
Registered
795 Posts
I dont completely know what Maggie and Elmo are because they came from the Shelter...but people keep saying Maggie is a rednose...but I dont know...UGH oh so confusing...I wish I had papers for them it would make life easier

1 - 15 of 15 Posts