Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha!

I was wondering if anyone could help me paint a clear picture on the BSL law/restrictions in Washington state. My husband may have a job offering there but it may take 2-3 years until we move. I know I'm a ways away from that time but owning two "pit bull looking" dogs has me researching. Kai is not registered as a pit bull but Lily was by the humane society so it may be difficult to place her under another breed even though she has no papers to prove her true breed. Anyways, it would be in the Seattle area. Renton, kirkland, Redmond...those areas. Any input is greatly appreciated. I did research but I want to make sure im not missing anything.

Mahalo!

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
Hey there, I don't think any of those cities mentioned have any breed specific restrictions. Seatac is the closest city in that area with restrictions. Only 3 cities in the state have an all out ban. This site lists which cities have breed specific ordinances, but doesn't list what they are: Who has BSL? | Bless the Bullys

I would suggest checking out the individual city's websites if/when and where you determine you will be moving.

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Aloha!

I was wondering if anyone could help me paint a clear picture on the BSL law/restrictions in Washington state. My husband may have a job offering there but it may take 2-3 years until we move. I know I'm a ways away from that time but owning two "pit bull looking" dogs has me researching. Kai is not registered as a pit bull but Lily was by the humane society so it may be difficult to place her under another breed even though she has no papers to prove her true breed. Anyways, it would be in the Seattle area. Renton, kirkland, Redmond...those areas. Any input is greatly appreciated. I did research but I want to make sure im not missing anything.

Mahalo!
aloha! glad you asked because i have a similar scenario. i left pear city a long time ago. but cali is cramping my style. WA is on my list of possible moves.

Hey there, I don't think any of those cities mentioned have any breed specific restrictions. Seatac is the closest city in that area with restrictions. Only 3 cities in the state have an all out ban. This site lists which cities have breed specific ordinances, but doesn't list what they are: Who has BSL? | Bless the Bullys

I would suggest checking out the individual city's websites if/when and where you determine you will be moving.
thanks! this helps me too.

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
Lots of potential imports coming this way :) Hope you like clouds and rain. Though it's my understanding that Hawaii gets more rain than we do.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts

I don't know how updated some of these lists are, but I found one that says Enumclaw, Buckely, Wapato, Yakima, Royal city, Othello, Selah, Bridgeport, and Sumas all have bans (along with a couple others I have never heard of. I'm not sure if that's correct though, it could be an out dated list. I'm not sure what the restrictions are that the other cities have, but I was informed my dogs must have muzzles on at all times when off your property in Seatac... Checking websites of whatever city you are interested in sounds like a good idea, I did that just to be sure before we moved to a different county.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
Yeah, that was the only site I could find that actually listed any cities. I do believe that most of the bans are outside of the greater Puget sound area.

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
Yeah....I try to avoid using db.org.

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
It's cited as a "source" by a lot of news media but is actually a pit bull hate site.

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Thank you! I feel like a lot of sites are not updated so I wanted to see if there was newer information. I don't plan to move anywhere that bans them or makes me have to muzzle them. I read somewhere that kirkland had a ban but then I find others that say it doesn't. I will try to find more info of their individual sites.

aloha! glad you asked because i have a similar scenario. i left pear city a long time ago. but cali is cramping my style. WA is on my list of possible moves.

thanks! this helps me too.
Haha washington seems pretty cool. Literally. Lol. It will be a huge change for me but I'm open to change. Especially if it means my money will go further and the chance to buy a home.

I don't know how updated some of these lists are, but I found one that says Enumclaw, Buckely, Wapato, Yakima, Royal city, Othello, Selah, Bridgeport, and Sumas all have bans (along with a couple others I have never heard of. I'm not sure if that's correct though, it could be an out dated list. I'm not sure what the restrictions are that the other cities have, but I was informed my dogs must have muzzles on at all times when off your property in Seatac... Checking websites of whatever city you are interested in sounds like a good idea, I did that just to be sure before we moved to a different county.

Thank you! I want to be 100% sure before making any moves :)

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Lots of potential imports coming this way :) Hope you like clouds and rain. Though it's my understanding that Hawaii gets more rain than we do.
I actually won't mind the clouds and rain since I'm org from Miami fl and we had storms roll in everyday usually starting from noon until night and I don't mind it since there's no beach it will keep me from in WA. Haha my main worry is the cold. I've never seen snow! Lol.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
It kinda depends on where you live here, some places don't get much snow at all. I've lived around the border of Seattle my whole life and only a few times have gotten the snow I actually want. Every once in a while there will be a year that surprises ya though:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts