Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't plan on getting them so soon, but Dakota got a foxtail in his nose today. I decided to go ahead and get the hip and elbow x-rays too to save us another $90 sedation fee.

The vet said they looked great, well she said "perfect". ;) Puts rest to my worrisome thoughts.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Sweet. Thats pretty cool lookin :D

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
were you worried about them for some reason? or are you sending them in for penn hip or OFA? they look pretty cool though .

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Good news :) what's the deal with his hips though? Was there a cause for concern?

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
were you worried about them for some reason? or are you sending them in for penn hip or OFA? they look pretty cool though .
I was planning on sending them to the OFA when I get paid next month.

And he never did anything to make me concerned, I'm just paranoid. :p

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Whoo Hooo look at those sexy bones LOL .. Congrat's! I wish Bogart would hurry up and finishing growing so I could get his done LOL

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
Wow good job and a ton of respect for doing it. They look great ! I think you will get at least a fair grade on the hips :)

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Whoo Hooo look at those sexy bones LOL .. Congrat's! I wish Bogart would hurry up and finishing growing so I could get his done LOL
LOL Damn sexy bones.

Thank you, and thanks David. ;)

I forgot to add, I got them done since we plan on being more active in sports and doing weight pulling this year.

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
Not too many people pumping out apbts these days have the guts to do what you just did :) awesome !!!

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
what'd they do about the foxtail?

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
what'd they do about the foxtail?
They did a Rhinoscopy with an Otoscope (Hope I said that right) and removed it. It was a small little bugger too, the one he got last year was huge. Nor Cal sucks for foxtails.

The vet said it's one of the most common issues up here, but a lot of people don't take the dogs in until it gets bad. Both times I brought him up immediately afterward, not only is it easier on the dog but also saves you money.

Now we can add more weight in weight pulling, I wanted to wait until the x-rays to go above what we're at now.

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
You are doing it the right way, I can't compliment you enough. I did the same but my dog failed his hip exam so we gave up on competing :( not worth pulling a dog until you know what's under the hood. Good luck with the competition !!

Reactions: Celestial88

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you!:hug:

And I agree David, my (well technically my grandmother's) Toy Poodle and Miniature Dachshund have bad structure so I have to really watch what I do with them.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Wow! Thanks for posting. Cool looking xrays glad things are ok

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
Nice. I'm getting my bully done on June 12th.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts