Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
We recently adopted this bully boxer mix for the pound. I wanted an actual apbt, but when your kids say daddy this is the one...then, thats the one! LOL

But she beautiful! I have no regrets at all! She amazingly smart. She was rescued from some byb who was even feeding her. SMH She weight 14 lbs when they brought her in. She up to 26 now. (Thanks Nutro) Her parents were there also, but they say the father, who was a gorgeous by the way, wasn't kid friendly, so that was a serious no.

I posted some pix of her playing in my back yard with my babies.

Also there's a nice bully in my neighbors yard behind me, i posted a pic of him also.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,616 Posts
She looks pretty pitty to me. Congrats on such a beautiful rescue. :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what i thought also...but vet say that her mom was a boxer...so I im just going on what I was told. Her face say bully, but doc says different. IDK...But thank you anyways.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
She is cute! What's her name? So great of you to rescue her from an actual shelter. My next one is coming from the shelter. There are so many pits that need homes. Just wanted to say that what I've noticed around here in Boston shelters is that they like to say boxer mix instead of pit bull mix. I think the shelters think they may get homes easier if the say boxer/pit mix or just boxer mix. Not the most honest way of adopting out dogs but I can't say I blame them :) best of luck with her!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Her name is Carmen. And you know that make a lot of sense...Since most people have this opinion of pit bulls, then lets say its something that people aren't afraid of. Now the animal can find a home. Not being honest, but the goal is reached.

·
Registered
127 Posts
aww, Congrats with new addition to the family.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanx guys! We loving her..esp. my kids! She's 8 months and CREW ON EVERYTHING! LOL But im about to do a little research on some good chew toys.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Congrats on your new addition! She's adorable. Be careful with your choice of chew toys though, as pitties can destroy them in seconds. Stay away from rubbery things, my guy ate 3/4 of one of those red Dogzilla toys in a matter of minutes. :hammer: The best chew toys I've found are NylaBones (make sure to pick the ones made for strong chewers), Galileo bones (basically the same as NylaBones, just a different shape) and the black Mega Kong's are good too. Make sure to get the black ones though, as the red ones are much softer and easier to destroy. :)

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
she is adorable, congrats

·
Registered
795 Posts
She's adorable :) :)

Reminds me of Molly a bit.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Kodiakgirl. I bought her a Nylabone and she is doggy heaven! Been trying to kill that thing since the weekend.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you! I've notice that she's very smart, yet VERY mischievous! LOL She'll look around corner to see if you looking before doing something she has no business doing. All I can do is LOL. But when she gets caught, she'll run to her crate and wont come out like a self punishment. Funniest thing in the world.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts