Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We lost a good puppy (now dog) parent of ours today. I mentioned a while back he was newly diagnosed with cancer if some of you may remember...Well he died last night I think he said his goodbyes and Lil Ann loved her man to the end.
It is sad enough that our friend died but how do you explain to a dog where her man went? I know she knows but ooo my breaking heart...to see her grieve....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sad day... sorry for your loss. Do you have a picture of him/them?

My female is 7 1/2 and I'm dreading the day...

·
Registered
225 Posts
Sorry for your loss...Someone said '...all dogs go to heaven...'
I'm not a religious person...but I like to think that if there were a heaven...it would be full of happy dogs. They have such a capacity to enjoy life while they have it...it's infectious....that's what makes mine most endearing to me..

·
APBT!
9,594 Posts
Oh, no Suzanne!! I'm so sorry to hear this. If you see this, I'm going to call you tomorrow.

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Man. What is it with all these dogs dying lately.
I am so sorry to hear this! I will post here what I posted to another member a few days ago who is going throught the same thing.

Our 14-year-old dog Abbey died last month. The day after she passed away my 4-year-old daughter Meredith was crying and talking about how much she missed Abbey. She asked if we could write a letter to God so that when Abbey got to heaven, God would recognize her. I told her that I thought we could so, and she dictated these words:

Dear God,
Will you please take care of my dog? She died yesterday and is with you in heaven. I miss her very much. I am happy that you let me have her as my dog even though she got sick.
I hope you will play with her. She likes to swim and play with balls. I am sending a picture of her so when you see her you will know that she is my dog. I really miss her.
Love, Meredith

We put the letter in an envelope with a picture of Abbey and Meredith and addressed it to God/Heaven. We put our return address on it. Then Meredith pasted several stamps on the front of the envelope because she said it would take lots of stamps to get the letter all the way to heaven. That afternoon she dropped it into the letter box at the post office. A few days later, she asked if God had gotten the letter yet. I told her that I thought He had.
Yesterday, there was a package wrapped in gold paper on our front porch addressed, 'To Meredith' in an unfamiliar hand. Meredith opened it. Inside was a book by Mr. Rogers called, 'When a Pet Dies.' Taped to the inside front cover was the letter we had written to God in its opened envelope. On the opposite page was the picture of Abbey & Meredith and this note:

Dear Meredith,
Abbey arrived safely in heaven. Having the picture was a big help and I recognized her right away.
Abbey isn't sick anymore. Her spirit is here with me just like it stays in your heart. Abbey loved being your dog. Since we don't need our bodies in heaven, I don't have any pockets to keep your picture in so I am sending it back to you in this little book for you to keep and have something to remember Abbey by.
Thank you for the beautiful letter and thank your mother for helping you write it and sending it to me. What a wonderful mother you have. I picked her especially for you. I send my blessings every day and remember that I love you very much. By the way, I'm easy to find. I am wherever there is love.

Love, God

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
this was awesome

Man. What is it with all these dogs dying lately.
I am so sorry to hear this! I will post here what I posted to another member a few days ago who is going throught the same thing.

Our 14-year-old dog Abbey died last month. The day after she passed away my 4-year-old daughter Meredith was crying and talking about how much she missed Abbey. She asked if we could write a letter to God so that when Abbey got to heaven, God would recognize her. I told her that I thought we could so, and she dictated these words:

Dear God,
Will you please take care of my dog? She died yesterday and is with you in heaven. I miss her very much. I am happy that you let me have her as my dog even though she got sick.
I hope you will play with her. She likes to swim and play with balls. I am sending a picture of her so when you see her you will know that she is my dog. I really miss her.
Love, Meredith

We put the letter in an envelope with a picture of Abbey and Meredith and addressed it to God/Heaven. We put our return address on it. Then Meredith pasted several stamps on the front of the envelope because she said it would take lots of stamps to get the letter all the way to heaven. That afternoon she dropped it into the letter box at the post office. A few days later, she asked if God had gotten the letter yet. I told her that I thought He had.
Yesterday, there was a package wrapped in gold paper on our front porch addressed, 'To Meredith' in an unfamiliar hand. Meredith opened it. Inside was a book by Mr. Rogers called, 'When a Pet Dies.' Taped to the inside front cover was the letter we had written to God in its opened envelope. On the opposite page was the picture of Abbey & Meredith and this note:

Dear Meredith,
Abbey arrived safely in heaven. Having the picture was a big help and I recognized her right away.
Abbey isn't sick anymore. Her spirit is here with me just like it stays in your heart. Abbey loved being your dog. Since we don't need our bodies in heaven, I don't have any pockets to keep your picture in so I am sending it back to you in this little book for you to keep and have something to remember Abbey by.
Thank you for the beautiful letter and thank your mother for helping you write it and sending it to me. What a wonderful mother you have. I picked her especially for you. I send my blessings every day and remember that I love you very much. By the way, I'm easy to find. I am wherever there is love.

Love, God
This was awesome...thanks....at least our friend didn't suffer more than what

he was going to already...another bright spot (if you call it that ) was he never sent registration papers in so technically we still own the dog.... sigh... thanks guys.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I'm sure it was of some comfort to him in all that he was going through that he didn't have to worry about what would become of his dog. So many end up in shelters after an owner dies - or just handed off to some ignoramous who promises the family that they'll take care of it and don't.

I'm sorry for your friend and your loss. And am glad his pup will be in good hands.

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Oh Suzanne, I was just so upset when I saw this, I am so sorry. HUgs girl, at elast he is at rest now. RIP big guy, run free at the bridge, my Pooh bear will be waiting on you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts