Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
3,471 Posts
I disagree. There is false information in that video. Bullies are not ONLY bred by BYB's. And there are plenty of APBT's bred by BYB's. And stating that ANY APBT over 70 lbs is a mutt... :\

That video looks more like a Bully bashing video. Bleh.

·
I AINT HARD TO FIND
7,624 Posts
i think at this point anything you dont agree with is bully bashing....

·
Banned
3,471 Posts
I think youre wrong. I think that video mis-informs the public. Saying ALL Bullies come from BYBs is absolutely incorrect. Im not trying to pick a fight, and I resent your comment OZ, this is the PRECISE reason Im not around anymore.

·
I AINT HARD TO FIND
7,624 Posts
I think youre wrong. I think that video mis-informs the public. Saying ALL Bullies come from BYBs is absolutely incorrect. Im not trying to pick a fight, and I resent your comment OZ, this is the PRECISE reason Im not around anymore.
Youre not around? How so? I see you on here every day, saying you won't be on here... :confused:

Ok maybe there's a thing or two wrong in that video but it certainly has more truth than some other crap i pull up on youtube regarding these dogs. it gave examples of breeds confused and called pitbulls, with some good visual. I think the byb statement should have included apbts, but in my findings more bybs are pumping out dogs that are NOT apbts.

·
Banned
3,471 Posts
Ive said ONCE that I wouldnt be here. And yes, I come here, read posts, but I dont post as often. Im not arguing with you. You constantly want to pick a fight with everyone and Im not going to give you my time any longer. Have a nice night OZ.

·
Premium Member
4,650 Posts
I disagree. There is false information in that video. Bullies are not ONLY bred by BYB's. And there are plenty of APBT's bred by BYB's. And stating that ANY APBT over 70 lbs is a mutt... :\
I agree with you . I think the video was trying to educate the public but came off wrong. Obviously not posted by a bully owner.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
um... my dog trainer says that my boy is a pure bred apbt because of his traits and they way he looks... but hes like 85 pounds?... i remember someone posting a little while back about oversized humans who grow over 9 feet.. does that mean hes a mutt??...

·
Premium Member
4,650 Posts
yeah all the information was definitely not accurate, whoho the web has bad info!!

The videos goal is good, they just got along of it wrong. It should be redone by someone who knows!

·
I AINT HARD TO FIND
7,624 Posts
ok well 70 IS above the breed standard, so I don't think the statement is false, however needs to be reworded to state that the breed standard is 20 something to 65 lbs, with exceptions of course. but really this video has less false info than most videos i see on the net about "pitbulls"

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
All around it was a good video. Some negative & unfactual things, but heck, where are we not going to find that? lol My question is, did they have permission from all of these dog owners to use these photos... That last red dog listed as an "Am bully" is obviously not, but hakunnamattatta.

I by no means want you to take this personally, but there has never been a real APBT 85 pounds.... not to my knowledge anyway. Ya'll old timers please correct me if I'm wrong on that one. It's just not in their genetic make up. For those who have dogs 70 + pounds and that are in shape may have more of an Am. Staff or other bully breed influence in their heritage. Dog trainers are dog trainers not breed experts. :)

·
Banned
4,383 Posts
you can get a bigger dog from out crossing like two dogs from completely differnt bloodlines its called hybrid vigor. thats why we breed our cattle to cattle that are not related to get the to grow faster and larger.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I agree. Im thinking of making one myself as my dog grows up when hes about 2.

·
Premium Member
4,650 Posts
I am pretty sure that if you post pictures on the internet and do not have a copyright clause they are fair game. This is why its not a real good idea to post personal pics cause who knows who is going to copy your pic and post it who knows where.

I just found a way to disable right clicking on our website!

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Yepp you can use any picture you want to once it has been posted on the web. I know I was writing a curriculum for blue cross blue shield and I used alot of pictures from the internet.

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
Yepp you can use any picture you want to once it has been posted on the web. I know I was writing a curriculum for blue cross blue shield and I used alot of pictures from the internet.
I am pretty sure that if you post pictures on the internet and do not have a copyright clause they are fair game. This is why its not a real good idea to post personal pics cause who knows who is going to copy your pic and post it who knows where.

I just found a way to disable right clicking on our website!
Wowee, that's good to know!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Dog trainers are dog trainers not breed experts. :)
touche... ur probably right. ive been doin gsome research just now and i get alot of people telling me that he could be mixed wth a rhodesian ridgeback because the back bone of my dog has a darker shade and his structure resembles the ridgeback. i read a bit about thier genetic tempermants and its pretty accurate to my boys tempermant. and its probably the reason why my boys head has a narrower look to it. im actually almost 75% sure he is... hahaha :p

1 - 20 of 23 Posts