Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it extremely abnormal for my little am bully puppy to have webbed feet? He is my first am bully ( I've had apbt/mixes in the past) so I'm not sure if this is a normal occurence in them or not.

·
15 wins 3 losses
461 Posts
Can you take a few pics? Hard to say from just going by your post.

Pics would help a lot in being able to tell if your pup has normal feet or an irregularity.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
will try to get some good pics but I make no promises. You can't tell unless you spread his toes a little. Each one has a flap of skin that extends nearly to the end of the toe that connects the two toes together.

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
If your dog is truly has webbed paws than its mixed with another breed that does.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Q) Do Pit Bulls have webbed feet?

A) We've received a number of emails posing the question, "Do Pit
Bulls have webbed feet?" The simple answer is, "No more so than
other breeds". All dogs have at least a slight webbing between the
toes; this is perfectly normal. Excessive webbing is not a breed trait

taken from this site More Info/Help

all dogs have some sort of webbing but pitbulls I believe shouldnt be excessive like what you see with other 'water' dogs.
here are some pictures does yours look like any of these? some of these are pitbulls and arent excessive where as you can see which ones are.

{ images from google }
here is a list of some of the breeds known for webbed feet

most dogs bred for water (most sporting group breeds, and many working group breeds) have webbed toes. This includes:

Akita
Brussels Griffon
Chesapeake Bay Retriever
Chinook
Field Spaniel
German Shorthaired Pointer
German Wirehaired Pointer
Irish Water Spaniel
Labrador Retriever
Leonberger
Mi-Ki
Miniature Poodle
Native American Indian Dog
Newfoundland
Norwegian Buhund
Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever
Otterhound
Plott Hound
Portuguese Water Dog
Redbone Coonhound
Ringtail Sing-a-Ling
Spanish Water Dog
Toy Poodle
Weimaraner
Wirehaired Pointing Griffon

from What are all the dogs that have webbed toes/feet? - Q&A

I think all dogs have some sort of webbing conecting toes to eachother but its the amount of webbing that makes it a webbed foot or not, maybe you are thinking the small webbing that is usually there is unusual? all my dogs have webs that connect but none come to the top of the tips like you see in water dogs.

·
Banned
319 Posts
it could appear more webbed if the dog has splayed feet or is flat footed... (dog is standing and the toes are a bit spead apart) its a confo fault.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mine is like the first pic. His feet aren't splayed when he stands. I noticed it when I was giving him a bath. He had been playing in the yard after the rain and had mud and sand all over his feet. I was running them under the water faucet and noticed it.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
1st pic is a pitbull so its normal . I think people get confused and any type of webbing they think there dog has webbed feet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts