Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a beautiful blue pit that is going be 2yrs old in November of this yr 2021. Well in march her weight was 66lbs. Now she isnt fat to me shes soild as a brick an has such great muscle definition. But my vet said shes a little over weight an wanted her at that time to be in lower 60s. I feed her nature's recipe dog food beef an lamb dry food an once in evening i give her a cup of the dry mixed with natures recipe wet chicken packages. Her treats are Purina chicken jerky an only have 2 ingredients in them or i buy the full moon chicken jerky or beef. I dont give her table foods or scraps. Shes not by far any bit lazy an has a fenced in yard to run an play in she gets plenty of toys an if she wants attention shes going get it from you. She doesnt have a belly that pokes out an no problem breathing very active still. So im not understanding way she should lose weight when i say shes soild muscle she literally is i do not work her to make her defined just play with her an feed her what i feel is a good diet. Anyone else been told their baby needs to lose weight but don't know why or feel its necessary. Should i change her diet or leave it alone.

·
Super Moderator
5,358 Posts
First, welcome to GoPitBull. I wouldn't worry about her weighing 66 pounds. If she is healthy and getting plenty of exercise keep on doing what you are doing. Hard to tell by the picture but she doesn't seem over weight. Now if she continues to put on weight just try cutting down on her amount of food. If you have found a diet that agrees with her and doesn't cause other problems (skin issues etc.) stick with it.

Joe

·
Super Moderator
4,607 Posts
I have a beautiful blue pit that is going be 2yrs old in November of this yr 2021. Well in march her weight was 66lbs. Now she isnt fat to me shes soild as a brick an has such great muscle definition. But my vet said shes a little over weight an wanted her at that time to be in lower 60s. I feed her nature's recipe dog food beef an lamb dry food an once in evening i give her a cup of the dry mixed with natures recipe wet chicken packages. Her treats are Purina chicken jerky an only have 2 ingredients in them or i buy the full moon chicken jerky or beef. I dont give her table foods or scraps. Shes not by far any bit lazy an has a fenced in yard to run an play in she gets plenty of toys an if she wants attention shes going get it from you. She doesnt have a belly that pokes out an no problem breathing very active still. So im not understanding way she should lose weight when i say shes soild muscle she literally is i do not work her to make her defined just play with her an feed her what i feel is a good diet. Anyone else been told their baby needs to lose weight but don't know why or feel its necessary. Should i change her diet or leave it alone. View attachment 90564

She's a fair pet weight. Losing a pound or two wouldn't hurt her, but it won't keeping it on either if she's not doing sports. For that hair loss on her tail you can use Nustock. It smells awful but will get that hair grown back and most likely handle whatever is causing the loss.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts