Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Just a quick question for you all.. My pup TYson turned 5months yesterday and he is 41.5 pounds how much more growing in weight will he do and at what age do they start to fill out?

PS:Moms is about 55-65 and Dad is 70-80 (jUST MY GUESS-TA-MATION)

Thanks,

BIG BLUE

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
good way to guess weight at maturity is to double the weight they are at 4 months , although this will only be an estimate its the best idea. with the weight you say right now I would guess around the 70lbs mark which looks like its about the size of the parents. they usually grow upwards for the 1st year and fill out for another 1 -2 years after. a dog isnt fully matured until age 2 -3 depending on the dog.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
They grow up the first year and out the second year and third year. How much did he weigh at 4 months?

·
Registered
471 Posts
I agree with Izzo she only weighed 40 pounds or so when she was five months now shes almost a year and pushin 60 , she hasnt gotten any taller just packin on the pounds lol

·
LOLZ
1,086 Posts
Angel pretty much hit it right on the head. Age at 4months x 2 is usually a good estimate. Let the dog grow up the first year and out the second. But make sure you don't get "fill out" and "fatten out" mixed up...lotta people keep really fat dogs...:p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts