Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everybody,
i recently adopted my dog koba at the animal shelter. They told me he was a blue pitbull... but a couple of people have asked me if hes a weimaraner... im cropping his ears on wednesday and i dont wanna crop if he is a weimaraner... plz reply asap... oh and if u could explain how to post pics of my dog that would help a lot

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
well Blue is just a color, not a breed, without papers you can never really tell what you have, so just love the dog and go from there. If you like the look of a crop, get a crop, not all Pit Bulls have a crop, so it doesn't really matter if it is or isn't, a crop is your decision. Cute pup BTW

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
With the shape of those ears he very well could be a weimaraner and not a pit bull, but until he matures more it would be hard to say for sure. If he is a mix of multiple breeds he could resemble either as well.

·
Registered
121 Posts
like mentioned above with out papers you will never know, if you could get a pic from the front or standing with the build of the dog i would be able to tell a little better if it were a pitbull type dog or not, he is very cute though thanks for rescuing him..

·
Good with tools
9,791 Posts
he looks pretty cute but yeah, id like to see some pics of him standing from the side. I know what your sayin if hes a wiem, a crop wouldnt look right

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
The weimeriners I have met have this absolutely silky soft coat like I have never felt on any other dog { well actually our friends have a neo mastiff with a similar coat } I think that is one of the things that breed is known for so that may give you a clue. Otherwise like mentioned above hard to tell for sure especially if its mixed. Im with the post above though would like to see some better pictures in natural light and from the side standing up. Its a really cute pup regardless of the breed :)

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
weim's have yellow eyes too

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Cute pup but hard to say for sure what he is. Need to have a side picture of him standing and maybe one frontal veiw too. The ears dont look pit bull.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Cute pup but hard to say for sure what he is. Need to have a side picture of him standing and maybe one frontal veiw too. The ears dont look pit bull.
LOl dont let the ears fool you , Luna had ears like that we called her donkey till they got cropped lol. The head shape in the 2nd pic looks diff to me though then the typical pit bull head shape.
Lunas Donkey ears LOL

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Looks like more weimeraner to me especially with the longer muzzle as well as the long ears. Surprised no one cared to ask why you are cropping a shelter dogs ears in the first place? Isn't that against adoption rules? I would be more concerned with having him neutered since he is a rescue and not a purebred. He is a cutie pie though :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks like more weimeraner to me especially with the longer muzzle as well as the long ears. Surprised no one cared to ask why you are cropping a shelter dogs ears in the first place? Isn't that against adoption rules? I would be more concerned with having him neutered since he is a rescue and not a purebred. He is a cutie pie though :)
not sure if i did this right... but ya he is from the animal shelter... and hes already neutered... im not really sure about the rules for ear cropping with the animal shelter... but they said they would come to the house to check if he was outside (which he never is unless its to use the restroom n eat) and they havent... but today when i get home ill take a pic of him in the sun

·
Registered
546 Posts
Get a pic of your dog "smiling" ... then you will know if its a weim or pibble. But I swear to you its no weim... idc what anyone else thinks.

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
he does favor a weimaraner... the snout is longer.. hes adorable though!!! youll definately be able to tell when it gets older :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hey everyone thank u for ur posts... i went to the vet today and the vet told me he was a pit... the clerk told me the vet was a pitbull expert... again thank u everyone... i will be introducing koba sometime tomorrow so i can take some new photos

·
Gotta Love Them Red Dogs!
487 Posts
hey everyone thank u for ur posts... i went to the vet today and the vet told me he was a pit... the clerk told me the vet was a pitbull expert... again thank u everyone... i will be introducing koba sometime tomorrow so i can take some new photos
"pitbull expert" ,eh? LMFAO!
Then he surely should have told you that dog is a mutt.
May have pit in him but without papers you have a mutt.

Don't take that negative, I own 2 mutts but I also own a papered APBT and that my friend is not a pure blood anything. An adorable pup,but not pure.

·
Registered
294 Posts
i wondered the same thing....

you get lots of brownie points for gettin him outta jail though =) lol

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
Leave the ears he's animal shelter dog. FYI weimeraners are where blue labs come from. Looks iffy to me.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts