Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gargamel went to the vet 14 days ago. 5 days after, he got a lump on his back thigh, where the vaccine was given. They had said not to worry if he got one, but I thought it might be weird to just show up 5 days later?

It got bigger for the next couple days, the last 3 the same size. Its hard, doesn't really feel like puss or liquid inside. For a couple days it was hot to the touch, but it is no longer hot. I called my vet this morning and they said to wait another week and see.

I have not seen reactions to shots in Gargamel before so I just wanted to see if anyone had a second opinion :)

really hard to take a pic of it since it blends in on camera, but I tried (please ignore his scars) and just let me know if I am being crazy or if it looks like a reaction to shots, in which case I should ignore it for another week:

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
oh wow I have no idea Amy but that looks like it hurts, hmmm it does look like a reaction to the shot but I honestly don't know. Hugs

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
its probably a reaction to the shot, I think there was a post awhile ago someone else was going through a similar thing like this , could try search I cant remember whos dog it was though maybe they can speak up. If the vet said to wait id just keep an eye on it and do so , if it gets worse call in to have him looked at.

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks ladies. Yeah, he is eating and playing and when I mess with it (I am trying to stop poking at it, lol) he has NO reaction at all... I hope they chime in as well, just don;t know if THIS is what they told me to expect or if it just occurred at the same time!

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
It prolly is what they told you to expect but no worries, just keep an eye on it an dyour hands off :p

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like a reaction to the vaccine give it some time it should go away. If he changes behaviors at all call the vet but it should go away on it's own.
thanks for chiming in, just wanted to make sure since it seemed so long after. :)

·
LOLZ
1,086 Posts
Looks like a reaction to the vaccine give it some time it should go away. If he changes behaviors at all call the vet but it should go away on it's own.
:goodpost:

I have to agree...when I used to give Savannah ivermectin sub q, she would get a bump that would be there for about a week. It's more than likely just a reaction to the shot. Just keep on eye on the dog, and it should go away, no worries :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts