Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I just noticed this sticky stuff on the sheet that we use on the couch. Its got a fishy metallic like smell. And I can tell its coming from her you know what because there is the same stuff on the little hairs. She's will be 3 months on the 2nd of Sept. Can Pyometra start this early? She's had no heat yet. Or could this just be a simple UTI and I should give her the Cephalexin to be safe? I've got a couple pictures of it but will only post if you want me to.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
It is probably vaginitis and normally goes away on it;s own with time. Sometimes they need to be put on antibiotics but when my females had it, it goes away on it's own. If it starts to have a foul odor worse than now like an infected smell or more discharge than normal then have your vet check it out. If you are planning on spaying her that will help to but I have mostly intact dogs and again it resolves most times on it's own and nothing to really worry about.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.