Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so my new girl Karma has demo which she is currently being treated for. For the most part her lesions, scratches, ect seem to be clearing up, but I have noticed small bumps (almost like warts?) and cuts on her vulva area...does anyone have experience with this? is this something I should be concerned about? It doesnt seem to bother her more than any other place does, she itches constantly everywhere though so it's hard for me to tell :(.

Her vulva is not inverted or anything, but she did have puppies not too long ago (probably a little over 3 months ago, it was before I got her so idk) so I dont know if that could be related. She has since been spayed.

One other question I have is about her skin where the demodex was the worst- on her neck area. Even though hair is beginning to grow in there, the skin still seems very...lumpy? and cracked. Is there anything I can do to soften the skin and make it less irritated looking? When I look in between her skin folds (she's a very wrinkly dog around the neck area) the space in between looks very raw and irritated.

She eats a grain free diet and gets a fish oil tab with every meal...should I be supplementing her with something else in addition?

Thanks in advance!

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
once again she is beautiful!!! she may need some antibiotics, has she been back to the vet for recheck skin scraps?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the mites were still alive as of about a week ago. She is on Cephalexin right now to treat secondary skin infections and she is doing mitaban dips to take care of the demodex. She was on oral ivermectin for over 2 months at her foster home and we did a skin scrape and the mites were just laughing and waving at us.

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
have you tried adding nu-stock? my last foster it helped calm the skin tramindusly! it nasty stuff but works. my girl cheza is currently going through a weird breakout that has lead to staff, she on 2 diffrent antibiotic and an immune stemulant i need to try to add the nu stock myself have just avoided it cause of the small

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going to try to look into the Nu Stock, thanks for the suggestion. I just want her to itch less :(

on a brighter note she smells 1000x better than she did when I first got her, she smelled like infection and just nasty skin when she first came to me, and she smells so much better now that the infection is starting to clear up.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
on a brighter note she smells 1000x better than she did when I first got her, she smelled like infection and just nasty skin when she first came to me, and she smells so much better now that the infection is starting to clear up.
well that's great news! Nothing worse than a stinky pup who needs a cuddle! lol Hope you figure out what it is :)

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
I would put her on an immune boost supplement like I had suggested in your picture story thread. Demodex has alot to do with weak immune system and stress. I have been dealing with it with my girl but I caught it early and was able to treat with a special shampoo and nu stock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts