Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We adopted our dog from a shelter two months ago. She had these weird spots on her when we got her, and they didn't say anything about them, it wasn't referenced in her vet records, etc. I didn't ask about it because I had thought she was just dirty. The spot on her leg shows what I'm talking about - it appears that both her fur and the skin underneath are dirty. She had a similar spot on her shoulder, but when she came back from boarding two weeks ago, all of the hair had fallen out from that spot, but the skin didn't look as dirty as it did before. The boarder is also a groomer, and she didn't seem concerned either. Finally, she has the same kind of thing going on on her belly, where there is already no fur - it looks dirty, but it does not come off. She does have dark spots on her skin, but this is different. She doesn't mess with these spots; they don't seem to be itchy. She doesn't care if I touch them either, so I assume they don't hurt. I've searched and searched the internet, but I can't find anything similar. If this needs vet attention, I will definitely take her, but it doesn't seem to have gotten worse (or better) aside from the hair falling out of the one spot. Any idea what this might be?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it looks like ringworm(sec pic), which is actually a fungal infection.
But as BC said, go to the vet.
Our trainer said the same thing, but when I told her that I'd had ringworm previously, she said it was almost impossible that Luna wouldn't have passed it on to me if I'm susceptible. (She is not a vet or a doctor, but she does responsibly breed and show; I have no idea if she's a reliable source or not.) Also, while it looks very different now, it looked exactly the same as the other two spots to begin with, and they aren't round.

Anyway, I'm going to make her an appointment this afternoon.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
The 2nd pic looks like ringworm to me too.

Not so sure about the other spots, but I'd definitely get her to a vet ASAP. Other than the spots, have you noticed anything else? Like, does she act like she doesn't feel good?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The 2nd pic looks like ringworm to me too.

Not so sure about the other spots, but I'd definitely get her to a vet ASAP. Other than the spots, have you noticed anything else? Like, does she act like she doesn't feel good?
Nope. She acts like a normal (insane) ten month old puppy. She eats and drinks normally, uses the bathroom normally. She doesn't scratch/lick/bite the spots, and she doesn't flinch if I touch them or prod them. I've got her an appointment for Tuesday, so hopefully they'll be able to tell me something!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts