Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night I was able to pick up Raven from BARCS :) The silly girl was still napping when I got there but ssh e came out tail wagging! My son, Noah, loved her instantly. Making it out to the car was a bit of a task, but we started off slow a foot at a time to the car and then a wonderful BARCS associate was able to pick her up for me so I could hold onto Noah. Car ride went great! We got home and she jumped out instantly and ran to my husband, who won't admit it but I think he's found his doggy soulmate lol

A little a taken aback at first bc she ran right to out bedroom and urinated on my bed... Needless to say I was a bit in awe. So I told her no, pulled her off the bed and took her back outside. Few accidents but thats too be expected. She is taking the transition well though and has done great in her interaction with the kids. I have her in the kitchen and Booger in the other part of the house. So far he is doing wonderful, no anxiety what so ever! I have not had to put the thundershirt on once!

Here are some pics from this morning :)

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Welcome home Raven.

She might of just been to excited to potty outside then the jumping on the bed for too much for her and she realized she had to go. How old is she? She is a beauty.

BTW I use to use the thunder shirt on Vendetta when she was younger. She had bad SA when I went to work. She out grew it as we got her more invovled in exercise.

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
Welcome home Raven.

She might of just been to excited to potty outside then the jumping on the bed for too much for her and she realized she had to go. How old is she? She is a beauty.

BTW I use to use the thunder shirt on Vendetta when she was younger. She had bad SA when I went to work. She out grew it as we got her more invovled in exercise.
Hopefully it was just excitement and not a dominance thing. My first thought was that she found the heaviest concentration of their scent and marked it with her own. Hopefully that isn't the case but to the original poster, just remember that introducing a new dog into the home is a process. Make sure she isn't left alone with any of your other kids, two or four legged. Raven has a life of experiences that you weren't a part of and she may react to certain things unexpectedly. Ease her into your household slowly over several weeks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome home Raven.

I sure hope so! I was leaning more towards dominance di stop lay but she has shown nothing but being passive so far!

Raven is about 18 months :) thank you! And thundershirts are awesome :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hopefully it was just excitement and not a dominance thing. My first thought was that she found the heaviest concentration of their scent and marked it with her own. Hopefully that isn't the case but to the original poster, just remember that introducing a new dog into the home is a process. Make sure she isn't left alone with any of your other kids, two or four legged. Raven has a life of experiences that you weren't a part of and she may react to certain things unexpectedly. Ease her into your household slowly over several weeks.
That is what my first thought was as well, she hasnt shown any other signs of trying to be dominant so hopefully that was just a fluke. Only time will tell :)

I am actually doing the two week shutdown :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts