Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been on the forum for a bit now, posting here and there as I was looking into blue eyed dogs without merle just wanted to get a grasp as to this trait.

Alright a bit of an intro.

My name is Alexis [woman] and I've always been around bully breeds. My grandfather happened to breed Catahoula Bulldogs on his farm / settlement [I'm not sure what to call it, it'd have once been considered a plantation] to use for himself and his neighbours on hogs [so catch dogs].

When I moved out on my own I came to purchase two APBTs.

King, a big fawn male with no white markings except for small white to his paws [all paws like a cat's boots]. King is very much a suck for attention and loves to lounge out on the porch with his mouth agape and tongue out with the biggest goofiest grin I've ever seen on a dog. This guy a big boy 58lbs and most of that is muscle and bone. I've been told by people scared of the breed that he looks like he could tear you apart [amusing given I'm a 5'1'', 120 lbs woman with this "monster" on the end of my leash] though this sap wouldn't hurt a little fly.

Zela, a brindle and white female. She was originally part of a backyard breeder's setup before it was busted by the ASPCA for animal cruelty charges... a friend knowing I had King wanted to know if I could foster Zela for a bit while they sorted out the other more adoptable [labs, terriers, etc] dogs. I ended up taking her after one look at her pedigree [the breeder had either splruged for the buy or gotten her at a deal]... she had some nice Colby dogs in there and a direct descent of Boyle's Dirty Mary herself. Zela is one of the reasons [outside of research for a friend] why I had such interest in blue eyes as she has one blue eye, one brown.

Like King both my dogs are usually used for weights - nothing serious, just to keep them in shape. And I have no intention of breeding them [just to get that out] as Zela is spayed.
Both my dogs - as I am moving into a state / city where there's some breed bans [and I want to know exactly what goes with owning pits there] - are right now with friends and family.

Thanks pretty much it for me.

Oh, I'll post pictures when I get set up in my new residence. Right now I'm using a library computer and they don't allow for downloads.

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
Welcome to GP :D

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Welcome, thanks for the intro. Look forward to seeing the grin you described when you get settled.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
welcome to the forum :)

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Welcome! Can't wait to see pics :)

·
Banned
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks for the welcome.

I thought about it after I posted and actually dug through my facebook, etc, accounts for some old pictures.

King - 13 months. Showing off his boots and his silliness in trying to claim my bed and act cool about it. And yeah I realize I used the wrong term in calling him a fawn [I was trying to write and answer a question from my friend at the same time].

Zela - about 20-24 months. She's a nice dog even if she came from a backyard breeder. I am not 100% if her pedigree is as pure as it says but can't get up the guts to approach the breeding kennel and ask if they actually sold her to the loser [backyard breeder]

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
cute duo you have there :) I would so ask the breeding kennel if they sold her to them , alot of people be hanging papers and using other kennels names and there dogs registration numbers. I would let them know incase this BYB is doing just that , that way they can contact UKC and cancel any unknown paper work they havent authorized and maybe put a kink in some other BYB's plans.

·
Banned
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cute duo you have there :) I would so ask the breeding kennel if they sold her to them , alot of people be hanging papers and using other kennels names and there dogs registration numbers. I would let them know incase this BYB is doing just that , that way they can contact UKC and cancel any unknown paper work they havent authorized and maybe put a kink in some other BYB's plans.
You know I wasn't really thinking of that. I've only had her 6 months before having to move so... when I get sorted out will definitely dig in my heels and give these people either a call or an email.

Some more King photos. He's 3 1/2 now. Zela is 4 going on 5.

Second photo he's 2 ish in age. Man I must be loosing my mind to remember his boots [the boots come first as they stand out] but not his chest blaze seeing as I've had this guy since he was 9 weeks. But then it's been 3 months since I've seen them as it were and the stress of moving, etc, isn't helping [bit nervous surprisingly to introduce myself to fellow pit / bully owners].

1 - 9 of 9 Posts