Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I joined a training group here locally off of Craigslist last July ( I think was about the time). A local GSD Kennel decided to host Sierra Canine ( Trainers who do bite work) and offer OB as well.

As most of you know I own dogs from Lisa who titles many of her dogs in SCH (now called IPO). I live in a small valley and we don't have that kind of training readily available. So when I saw this group getting together for SCH, PSA and OB I was thrilled!

We had some issues with enough people showing up to make it worth while for the bitework trainers to come out every weekend.

Previous thread
http://www.gopitbull.com/pictures/46218-pictures-training-today.html

Well the group has now regrouped (lol) to figure out what is going on for this upcoming season. We are in the process of working out when bite work will happen ( aiming for every other week).

However the great part is that upon getting back together we decided as a group to change how we were doing OB.
Kim who owns the property has trained OB for many years for both UKC and AKC trials as well as for SCH. There are also several other members who have done both UKC and AKC trialing and SCH. So instead of everyone coming out and paying $20+ per dog to train with the same people we pay for bitework, we are now going to extend the time we are out there and train as a group for $5 per person. Really if you have no money no one cares. There will be a jar on the table to put your money in and you can bring as many dogs as you want.

We all enjoy getting together as a group and also enjoying seeing others make progress with their dogs. Doing things this way encourages people to make it out to training and makes sure that money is not an issue. There are several of us that have multiple dogs we can now work with without breaking the bank. Me personally I can take out my main 5 dogs and throw $15 in the jar rather than $100 for 5. I really only need to pay $5, but would feel weird doing so lmao.

Our first group session went much further than what we were all doing separately, plus we have enough experienced hands that those who need some 1 on 1 can step to the side, do whatever and then rejoin. I am really lucky to have such good people in the area and encourage you all to try and find people you can make or join in a group with.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
That's so awesome :) let me know next time you go I'd love to come down with D :)

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Every Sat morning at 9am.

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,564 Posts
Damn my job and working Saturdays!!!! I would love to take Odin and when I get her Banshee! But it would have to be sundays for me, my schedule sux :(

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Are you going this weekend? Ill get up early and come :)

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Every Sat, unless we get rain. If it rains to much the field is to muddy.

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
Great!! I look forward to seeing those pics!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts