Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure which section this belongs in or not so if this belongs elsewhere please feel free to move it.

What I want to know is are many of your dogs afraid of loud sounds? Fireworks frighten my dog to death as they do many dogs but other loud noises like loud trucks passing by on our walks or other things bother Tasha. We walked past a house one day and a guy was throwing big chunks of concrete into a dumpster and when the pieces would hit the bottom it made a loud crash sound. Tasha turned towards it and did a soft bark as if she wanted to go after it to make it stop.
I wonder what happened to her when she was found on the streets 5 years ago? Could she have encountered some of these loud noises that have made her so leery of loud noises now? Is there anything that can help them overcome that? Not a real big deal I guess but I am curious.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,826 Posts
I know that Sadie doesn't mind them, she doesn't go and hide during a thunderstorm. And she doesn't hide during fireworks either.

·
Registered
383 Posts
my older GSD dog hates loud noises. its gotten worse with age, he she hides from : thunderstorms, harleys, loud dirtbikes/atv's, fireworks, loud cars/ trucks.

nemo's real good, i took him with me to watch fireworks and he's in my camaro with me all the time and it has a pretty loud exhuast setup on it.

nemo is spooked by odd things though, shiney ballons, flags waving, storm grates, big potholes.

i think every dog is different in this department but all can be worked with.

you can try going for a walk with her, and bring something loud, a pot and a stick to hit it with or something. everytime she reacts correct her.

give us more info on thing, how sesitive is she? nemo hated city busses going by us but after about 3 weeks of correction and praise he doesnt car at all now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts