Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Akasha has these wonderfully floppy triangle ears that I LOVE!! But I know that most dogs grow out of the floppy ears and acquire their Breed Specific ears (GSD stand up, APBT go all rose pricky so on.) Does anyone know about what age this will happen? She's 10 weeks 4 days right now.

Attachments

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
The rose prick is the ideal ear for the APBT breed.... but they might stay that way! I have seen dogs with full drop ears (like a lab) I have seen pits with ears that stand straight up, or one that stands straight up and the other ear flops over.

·
Banned
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know, but I LOVE crazy natural ears. Mya has Lab ears and they give her face such a sweet look. And plus they stand up randomly and flop when she runs which makes everyone smile. If Akasha's stay like this than YAY crazy ears!! But if she gets Rose Prick ears thats just as fine.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Were her ears rose prick when you got her? There is away of gluing them so that they stay rose prick. Performance kennels would be able to tell you better about that though ;) Bella 's ears would do that from time to time but they always flop back to the rose prick.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Some don't grow out of them! If you look at the Mayday/Hollingsworth/Buck dog's many of them have flat longer ears .. Just depends all of these dog's below are true APBT's they all have long flat ears LOL Bogarts started to prick up at about 3 months old.

GR CH Macho Buck

Barracuda - Mayday's Son

Mayday

GR CH Buck

Hollingsworth Dolly ROM- Mayday's Mother

·
Banned
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Some don't grow out of them! If you look at the Mayday/Hollingsworth/Buck dog's many of them have flat longer ears .. Just depends all of these dog's below are true APBT's they all have long flat ears LOL Bogarts started to prick up at about 3 months old.

GR CH Macho Buck

Barracuda - Mayday's Son

Mayday

GR CH Buck

Hollingsworth Dolly ROM- Mayday's Mother
Oooo, so I can still hope and wish them to stay!!! lol Those pics are starting to make me think that Mya might not be a mix lol. But its impossible to tell, so I'll just keep calling her a Pit/Lab. lol Yay

I have noticed that her ears have started to stand up more before they fold. They used to fold right over but now they are straight for about an inch 1/2 and then fold.

BTW those man's shorts are WAY to short. lol

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
That's Victor Arcyt with his boy Mayday an old fighting dog back in the 80's and early 90's it was cool for men to wear short shorts LMAO!!!

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
BTW All of those dogs are in my bogarts pedigree and some of them In my Lola's ped and all of my dogs are APBT's.

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
That's Victor Arcyt with his boy Mayday an old fighting dog back in the 80's and early 90's it was cool for men to wear short shorts LMAO!!!
:rofl: I was just showing my friend that pic and saying that guy reminded me of my dad! Haha! My dad has a dark mustache, mullet like hair cut, not too extreme haha And he always wears kinda shortish shorts and a tee shirt and wears those tall socks with shoes.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Shoot Richard simmon's made hot pants for men sexy back then!

You think that's bad Look at TG and all his hotness LMAO!!!

·
Banned
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OH my eyes!!! I haven't seen shorts that short since I got the privilege of seeing my husband's Platoon doing PT... There had to be some slippage of some unmentionables in those shorts lol

1 - 20 of 33 Posts