Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a female blue nose pitbull. she looks more old school than bully. I know without papers it"s hard to tell what she really is. Maybe some experts out there could kinda narrow it down by just looking at her. Thanks.

She's 18" tall between 55lbs-60lbs. 18" head. 3yrs old

Attachments

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
I have a female blue nose pitbull. she looks more old school than bully. I know without papers it"s hard to tell what she really is. Maybe some experts out there could kinda narrow it down by just looking at her. Thanks.

She's 18" tall between 55lbs-60lbs. 18" head. 3yrs old
I'm not trying to be rude, but if you know that without papers we can't tell, then why ask? Also, to clarify for you, blue nose is not a type or specific variation of the breed. It's just a color, and nothing significant.

She's very pretty, though. Again, just to reiterate on the original topic, nobody here is really an "expert" on lines, and if you have no pedigree or registration papers, then you simply have a pet. That's all there is to it. We're not going to guess what lines might make up your dog, as we'd be giving you false hope and false information. We're here to educate as best as possible, and we wouldn't be doing that very well if we told you that we can only guess your dog has "Such and Such" bloodlines in her background based off her looks. If you got her from a breeder, then you need to seek the pedigree/registration papers. However, I wish to forewarn you that even the pedigree/registration papers can be faulty, especially if you got her from what's considered a Back Yard Breeder (BYB), as they're just in the game of making money off their dogs, and not truly into it for the preservation of the breed or producing anything worthwhile. I hope this helps you out.

Disclaimer: This post was not intended to be rude, or to come off as obnoxious or condescending in any way, shape or form. Strictly informative and as educational as possible. I do sincerely hope you don't take offense to this, as that's not what I was intending/implying.

Reactions: aus_staffy

·
Super Moderator
4,593 Posts
I'm not trying to be rude, but if you know that without papers we can't tell, then why ask? Also, to clarify for you, blue nose is not a type or specific variation of the breed. It's just a color, and nothing significant.

She's very pretty, though. Again, just to reiterate on the original topic, nobody here is really an "expert" on lines, and if you have no pedigree or registration papers, then you simply have a pet. That's all there is to it. We're not going to guess what lines might make up your dog, as we'd be giving you false hope and false information. We're here to educate as best as possible, and we wouldn't be doing that very well if we told you that we can only guess your dog has "Such and Such" bloodlines in her background based off her looks. If you got her from a breeder, then you need to seek the pedigree/registration papers. However, I wish to forewarn you that even the pedigree/registration papers can be faulty, especially if you got her from what's considered a Back Yard Breeder (BYB), as they're just in the game of making money off their dogs, and not truly into it for the preservation of the breed or producing anything worthwhile. I hope this helps you out.

Disclaimer: This post was not intended to be rude, or to come off as obnoxious or condescending in any way, shape or form. Strictly informative and as educational as possible. I do sincerely hope you don't take offense to this, as that's not what I was intending/implying.
:goodpost:
Ugh B, it says I have to spread the love before I can rep you again.

OP. We are asked this question at least 10 times a day and the answer is the same every time.
Gorgeous dog, and welcome to the forum. :)

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
:goodpost:
Ugh B, it says I have to spread the love before I can rep you again.

OP. We are asked this question at least 10 times a day and the answer is the same every time.
Gorgeous dog, and welcome to the forum. :)
It's cool mama.. I don't post to earn rep points, I post b/c there's knowledge to be shared, lol. But the rep is a bonus! I think I'm maxed out lol. Go spread the love, though. Someone else may need it today.:woof:

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts

She's very pretty, though. Again, just to reiterate on the original topic, nobody here is really an "expert" on lines, and if you have no pedigree or registration papers, then you simply have a pet. That's all there is to it. We're not going to guess what lines might make up your dog, as we'd be giving you false hope and false information. We're here to educate as best as possible, and we wouldn't be doing that very well if we told you that we can only guess your dog has "Such and Such" bloodlines in her background based off her looks. If you got her from a breeder, then you need to seek the pedigree/registration papers. However, I wish to forewarn you that even the pedigree/registration papers can be faulty, especially if you got her from what's considered a Back Yard Breeder (BYB), as they're just in the game of making money off their dogs, and not truly into it for the preservation of the breed or producing anything worthwhile. I hope this helps you out.:curse:

:goodpost: that pretty much sums it up.. pretty girl though.. welcome to GP :D

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
Blancopits: I do believe Daisybull was being sarcastic. We've had an influx of new members within the past week alone, and every thread posted has been "what do you think my dog is mixed with" or "can you tell me what bloodlines make up my dog", etc. After seeing it so many times, people get annoyed, frustrated and the common reaction is sarcasm. I'm sorry if you're offended, but sometimes people answer their own questions when they post a new thread up, just like you did here.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
She Doesn't look Old School to me at all, looks like a classic style Am bully :)

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
This thread brings up a whole new question. What Is Old School?!?!?!?!?! Before Bullies, Before AmStaff, Before 1976? What is Old School and why do people use the phrase? To the original poster, why did you use the phrase "Old School"? Did you use it because your dog is not registered with any established registry like dogs in the early 1900? Is your dog breed solely to win regardless of it's make up? Again What Is Old School?

·
Registered
816 Posts
the OP means because she has a longer snout and less bully wide face ....... but ya anyone that can call out bloodlines from ppics my hats off to ya el oh el

beautiful dog by the way

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
the OP means because she has a longer snout and less bully wide face ....... but ya anyone that can call out bloodlines from ppics my hats off to ya el oh el

beautiful dog by the way
So you spoke directly with the OP and that was their explanation of "Old School? Or are you assuming that's what they meant? You know what they say when you ASS U ME? So, by your definition a Bully is defined by is head not it's blood? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder rodrigo, but I would never question the value of that dog as a family member.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts