Go Pitbull Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
Yes I'm a noob. I know that blue nose is not a bloodline. I was refering to "OLD SCHOOL" Cuz someone said she may be Old school Razors Edge before they got real bully. Or maybe even Watchdog or Greyline based on her characteristics. But I know there' way to tell

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yes I'm a noob. I know that blue nose is not a bloodline. I was refering to "OLD SCHOOL" Cuz someone said she may be Old school Razors Edge before they got real bully. Or maybe even Watchdog or Greyline based on her characteristics. But I know there' way to tell
All sarcasm aside... it's impossible to determine if a particular dog is pure bred just by looking at pictures of him. Therefore determining bloodline by pictures is exponentially impossible. Which actually brings up a scientific paradox, can something be more impossible than impossible.... :|.... either way, the dog is beautiful... train him, feed him the right stuff, and take care of him and he'll grow up to be an amazing dog, congrats and good luck! :pup:

·
Registered
816 Posts
So you spoke directly with the OP and that was their explanation of "Old School? Or are you assuming that's what they meant? You know what they say when you ASS U ME? So, by your definition a Bully is defined by is head not it's blood? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder rodrigo, but I would never question the value of that dog as a family member.
ok ill play along what else would she be talking about? the hue of the blue? she has more traditional traits on her face and less typical bully from nowadays , no i didnt speak to the OP but ill put 50c I am correct in my assumption.

as far as family member..... that goes without saying , pedigrees bloodlines and all the other stuff is for professionals trying to breed or compete at some level ....for the rest of us is just a status game ...thats my opinion but u know what they say about those lol

happy 10 months samson

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
ok ill play along what else would she be talking about? the hue of the blue? she has more traditional traits on her face and less typical bully from nowadays , no i didnt speak to the OP but ill put 50c I am correct in my assumption.

as far as family member..... that goes without saying , pedigrees bloodlines and all the other stuff is for professionals trying to breed or compete at some level ....for the rest of us is just a status game ...thats my opinion but u know what they say about those lol

happy 10 months samson
There's a lot more than head style when you're talking earlier bred dogs vs. the bully style dogs that are out there today. Just the overall appearance of be OVERDONE dogs are obvious! Hue or color of the dog should most definitely not reference a dog of old. They could have thought that the top line of the dog was represented the earlier top because their dog had little to no tuck in backend. I wanted to hear what OP thought "Old School" was and they explained it. They used the phrase because others said their dog looked like "Old School" RE or possibly Watchdog. The funny thing is neither of those names have been around for what I would consider a long time. Rodrigo take a look at some of the dogs of the past. One truly of the past "Colby's Pincher" and the other dog from the OP reference to the past. Please tell me how they differ from today's dogs. By your reference they both have huge heads and heavier so they must be Bullies. The one BIG difference is they both won in the box.
Here's Watchdog's Thor's ped. Anyone that has Watchdog in their ped tots this dog.
ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [7374] :: WATCHDOG'S BIG THOR
Here's Colby's Pincher (24xW) Not much tuck in the backend and 75Lbs Chain weight.
ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [5650] :: COLBY'S PINCHER (24XW)

·
Registered
816 Posts
i think snouts have overall shortened especially in bullys and thats why certain dogs look from different era s if u will.

and u are right i just assumed but u gotta figure the avg member dont know squat about bloodlines. or else they wouldnt ask such noobish questions... which nothing wrong thats how u learn.

just sayin i think there are a couple of levels of knowledge here and sometimes i think i interpret the question as a noob myself

21 - 25 of 25 Posts