Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had it xrayed when he was all swollen the way it felt made me think was broken and maybe set funny , but shows no break so I was wrong. Icould always feel it but now that the swelling is going down i can see it alot more. thought maybe knuckling but can you have it on just 1 leg and would it ever be on the side? its not on the front and feels like bone or hard tissue, vet thinks maybe scar tissue but he hasnt seen it since the swelling went down . Was gonna get it looked at again but thought Id ask your opinions?

P.S.dont mind the mess in the background lol , dog/kennel room gets random messes dropped off lol .

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
poor Zeke, I say corn or bone spur, especially since xrays don't show as a bone.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmm noone else has any ideas?

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
poor Zeke, I say corn or bone spur, especially since xrays don't show as a bone.
Ya miguel thought corn too , but i thought corns were on the outside this isnt something on the surface its like its inside or attached to the bone. Bone spur might fit, Ill look more into those . He is due back in the vet next week unless it sweels again before that, will have to see what the vet thinks too.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can ask the vet if I can have it when im there, we dont usually take those home here.

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
OH.. .. forgot your up north......

Hmmm... Did you ask the vet if it was knuckling? Its .. knuckling, arthritis, or calluse (which can occur with in ligaments as well as outside the skin...

Just to me... if its not arthritic or knuckling ... its a hard callus from the way he lays on it and gets up and down. JMO Im good with xrays so I could tell ya what he didn't, the xray should show any of that. By scar tissue build up internally in the joints and ligaments that is callusing and spurs ... ... watch it and watch him..

Easy case.... He wacked it real good on something and there is scar tissue inside healing and callusing and should be good in a couple of weeks of cleaning and care... Just ask the vet if everything, point and ask... its your money and your dog...

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya after thinking it was a break knuckling was my 2nd thought , he didnt think it was but then again he didnt see it since the swelling was down , when it was swollen you couldnt see this just felt it. although he said nothing showed wrong with the bone in the xray. Where this is there are 2 punture holes you can kinda see , when i 1st got him i couldnt really see those punstures it was almost healed but when the infection returned for the 2nd time those holes swelled and got really dark looking then busted open, its where we have been draining from now. they are deep too the vet put a qtip in there cleaning it out about 1/3 of the way down. So it makes sense to be some sort of callus / scar tissue { the vet thought scar tissue} but he wasnt sure if it would go away on its own was kinda early to tell. Does this sort of thing go away ? or would i have to remove it? he doesnt seem to be bothered by it he lets me touch it and check it out , although he letthe vet clean it out without caring either so hard to tell if it hurts. Ill see if I can get the xrays when im in see what you can maybe see.

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
If the vet says nothing wrong with the bone or joint .. thats the fair assessment..

if he got bit in that joint in the accidental kennel fight inwhich is why you have him now, there is sure to be some scarring, callusing, and what your describing sound like built up infection, that is now draining...

Poor guy, should be okay, just sounds like that infection needs to be set back so he can heal up... ...

scar tissue, spurs, callused tissue, and eventually arthritus will occur from this naturally.. .. dont let him get stove up and dont over work him til that gets healed up find your/his balance. Follow the routine and kick that infection so those holes heal up, as that pus and draining is from infection. :pupruns: Get well soon zeke!

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks stan , ya it hasnt been draining the past few days the puffy soft feeling is gone and not just this hard bump. He loves the spring pole and its been hard to keep him away from it when we let him out back so I ended up lowering the rope so he can reach it without having to jump now. been trying to keep him from jumping around on it although he is quite willing to do just that lol. Hope he doesnt get arthritis I know its very likely he will though. I had a old lab who had it bad winters were rough on him up here hope i dont have to go through that with many more dogs its sad. For the moment though he seems very happy and content. Thank again though , will still try and get the xrays .

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well it just busted open today not sure if him licking it is making them reopen or what , but the holes that opened were completely healed before and never even noticed them until today , cant even see them in the picture. But im draining it a few times today already and he has cried :( feel bad this is the 1st time he has shown pain. But its alot smaller already. will finish up the meds here this weekend and then re evaluate what to do after that. Hopefully it was maybe just a pocket where some of the infection was left and will completely go down after this.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
oh nooo poor Zeke. I hope it heels well, fingers crossed that the worst is over for that boy!

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well small update since it bust openits gone down alot to the point we havent had to bother the vet with it. Seems to be healing well now , havent been able to get pictures done lately but when I get a minute Ill show you how it looks. Guess it was just the infection in that spot or something. He is bouncing and jumping on it fine. Even if we dont want him jumping there is no stopping him. Thanks for all the advice in here though, there is a small bump but nothing like it was Im not too worried about it now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts