Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay...since this subject has been brought up soooo many times in various threads...lets discuss it openly...with a grown up additude...
The major issues between the American Bully crowd and the APBT crowd seems to be the confusion about what seperates the 2 breeds...what makes em different...and what can WE as a whole do to let the public...or at least the 'guests' here on this site see the difference...lets keep it to 'us' not what other websites or breeders can do...what can we do...I am open to suggestions and would love to hear any ?'s or ideas...I really feel that there is a huge amount of knowledge from certain users of this site and I would like it to be brought into the open...it's like they say...United we stand...divided we fall...
I have already suggested to Dave to have an American Bully sub-section...possibly in the bloodlines area...which would help to educate people on the AB and the bloodlines that make it up...standards...classes and what not...but I dunno...lemme know what yall think...

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I think that having a separate section is a great idea...

Educating on bloodlines... Educating on the physical differences between the two... Educating on the history that separates... Educating on the wrongs and rights that make American bullies so controversial but in such a different way than an apbt...

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome!! Maybe if enough people agree someone will listen!!!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Lonestar I have to say your ideas are always respected in my book...

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
John, you already know I'm on board with this, as I'm interested in learning more anyways. I'd love to read anything you post about the Am Bullies.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Great idea :)

·
LOLZ
1,086 Posts
The separate thread section sounds like a great idea. I think a lot of the Bully vs APBT owner issues all come because lack of information about AmBullys. If we could have a section that could be filled with tons of information to educate people on the differences. I like the idea of showing different classes and such, to let people KNOW what a bully really is. Where they came from, etc etc. Get the true info out there. :)

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
I think the American Bully should have it's own forum section on here with sub sections for bloodlines, history, conformation, ect that way it can be a broader more informative section for those wanting to learn about the different bloodlines, dogs, history, founders ect.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome posts all...it would also educate the general public about how sites such as the rbg one in a previous thread are not accptable...pointing out the actual faults of said dogs...one of the main problems I have with almost all bully boards is the love they show to anything posted...almost every dog posted is 'fiya' and the breedings are 'sure to spit fiya'...trust me I am about as big a bully enthusiast as they come...but it's time for us a a whole to start being real...to improve this beautiful new breed of dog...and maximize the potential...

Reactions: apbtmom76

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think the American Bully should have it's own forum section on here with sub sections for bloodlines, history, conformation, ect that way it can be a broader more informative section for those wanting to learn about the different bloodlines, dogs, history, founders ect.
:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

AWESOME!!! Like I said...I suggested this long ago...and was even told it would happen...but I know Dave is super busy...maybe this will get some action going...

·
Registered
395 Posts
:goodpost:

i agree

·
Registered
147 Posts
Well let's not stand on ceremony. I say Aye!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Bwahahahaha, Lonestar you beat me to it, this is pretty much along the lines of what i mentioned i was going to start when we chatted this morning! Even with the same name! Great minds hey. Mine was more about as a whole community but this is great, start here and then we take on the world as a team!

·
Registered
859 Posts
I also agree with the separate section maybe the bully owners may feel outnumbered by the APBT owners and lessen the contraversy going around, and it gives them a chance to relate to one another as we APBT owners do. :)

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My friend Junky...feel free to fill in the blanks...together we shall conquer the nation...lol
I forgot to mention I said that in my pirate voice...lol...

·
Registered
600 Posts
Exposure is the key, get old Bully the Kid to Answer questions not unlike the radio blogs and it wouldnt hurt to do the same on either side.

How many stickys do you have here that actually explain the difference and why that difference is so important?

How about a sticky with three visual comparisons between the amstaff the apbt and the bully? do we have that here?
a good example and maybee a bad example of each if you realy want to cover all bases.

Proper bully nutrition threads from proper bully people who sucseed in the show ring and have a good standard. That would help avoid stupid threads like the one i got in trouble for cross posting.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks like the only thing were missing here is Dave...
I am more than willing to put in the work to make this mission succesful...
It's all up to the Admin from here...

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ideas off the top of my head...
Proper registration of the American Bully...ie ABKC ABBA...etc
Classes of the American Bully...Classic...Extreme...Pocket...
Standards of said classes...
Bloodlines...ie Mikelands...Remyline...RazorsEdge...Gottyline
The transformation of original lines...ie..Watchdog...Edge...Camelot...
Founders of the Bully...ie Dave Wilson...Richard Barajas...
The vision...and where it has headed...
The differences in the 2 breeds...
Proper nutrition of the American Bully...
American Bully sporting events...getting these dogs active...
The list goes on and on...this is just off the top of my head...

Reactions: ThaLadyPit

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
I saw a greAT post on another forum with the pictures of am staff , pitbull and bully all on a chart listed abda , ukc, akc, and abkc with pictures of the dogs that fall under each registry was really cool to see , will see if I can find the link if noone on here doesnt already have it.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts