Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
Could be demo, id get her skin scraped, plus a little nu stock never hurt till you get them in. just saying ;)

·
Registered
106 Posts
thanks ill do that where can i get nu stock
Aye do you remember that site I gave you? I just got some for Bear and it cost $8 to ship to our zip. I've been using it for a week and already see little hairs growing back on his ears. Text me if you need the site again.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks bro so should i give her an oatmeal bath then apply this stuff. Should she stay inside or can she be outside

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
that the only place with that rash? could be some sort of allergy , is that another sore on her face there? the small spot? canshe chew that area or is it too high on her leg?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've never seen her messing with it so I can't say she's biting it and.yes that smaller one on her face is one too

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've never seen her messing with it so I can't say she's biting it and.yes that smaller one on her face is one too
Has she been playin rough with the other pup? As far as oatmeal bath...it's not required with nu stock but it wouldn't hurt. You apply nu stock every 3 days. Benedryl maybe? I'm not vet so really not sure what that is.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok so i have been on this Nu-stock for a week and a half and its actually getting worse i think it may be Food alergies does this sound far fetched? Im currently feeding her Blue Buffalo Puppy Wilderness

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
where are all the patches located? or is just those 2? very well could be food allergies thats a common thing, could maybe be mange ? or have you seen any fleas on him? Id use the search at the top and put "allergies" in there , Performance kennel has a thread allery diary or something with some helpful info start there. post pics now if you can as well .

·
Registered
28 Posts
Try some vetericyn stuff is awesome! You can find it at your local feed store to cut down on price vs a pet store. Most Pet stores only have small bottles for the same price as the larger bottles.

Could be food related, doesn't quite look like ringworm.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Try some vetericyn stuff is awesome! You can find it at your local feed store to cut down on price vs a pet store. Most Pet stores only have small bottles for the same price as the larger bottles.

Could be food related, doesn't quite look like ringworm.
nustock is making it worse possibly i wouldnt put more topical things on until you figure out the cause. If you treat the missing fur but not the problem causing it its kinda pointless. Id look into switching foods to grain free for now see if it helps or go get a skin scrape done at the vet. You could get allergy tests done but from what I hear those can be pretty pricey.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yea im gonna take her to the vet on monday to see what he thinks. Im gonna put her on Pinacle grain free fee instead of the Blue Buffalo i have her on. Im gonna stop the nu stock asap so i can see what the problem is. I want this gone those 2 spots u see on post 1 are it no more but they are slowly getting bigger ill get pics up soon

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Once you figure out what is causing it the nu stock should help the hair grow back, but if its getting worse when your using it ou may as well save your money and just hold off on using it for now til its figured out.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
the vet told me over the phone to give her some benadryl one tablet with food once a day.
Hopefully this will help and i put her on pinacle no grain food turkey with potatoes. hopefully this helps cant wait till Monday for the vet visit

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So I took her to the vet today cause it was bugging me and the minute I bring her in and he saw it he said let's scrape her for mange low and behold that exactly what it was so she has to get a shot for the next for the next 4 to 6 weeks I'm releaved I finally atleast know what it is

1 - 20 of 22 Posts