Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
I think they deserve some credit for not promoting their dogs as APBTs. That said, I'd like to see some more of what they actually do with their dogs. What are they breeding for? I tend not to like sites that are pretty much just "Males, Females, Breedings" with some random pics of the dogs. I didn't look in detail but I didn't see any titles there either.

Bottom line: If I was looking for a bully, I'd look elsewhere based off the information on that site.

Reactions: aussie monster pitt

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
I see them on the bully boards, but don't know much about them. I think they just started showing a few months ago. Never seen the dogs in person but they have some nice dogs, bred to the standard at least.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Don't know these people but very familar with what they are working with. They claim to be showing which is good and they are also using a nice gaff bitch to keep there bullies clean. There are some serious faults that run in what they are working with but it seems they prolly already know and that would explain the gaff. Other then that I can't give you any info on the people. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
They have some nice bullies and while that male they just bred was young (12 months) that is not unheard of with many show breeders to breed a 1 year old male (now female would be different). Nice dogs with decent conformation

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
I really like that Tri male BAK'S Thorton Colorado, gorgeous dog.

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for the feedback. I would like as much feedback as possible.
Lately I've been checking out the local bully scene around the OR area. Turns out
I've found quite a few bully shows (posted one up in the events section). And have
Talked to quite a few kennels. Everyone so far has been really helpful and real nice.
I really like these dogs and most of their breedings, and really am considering one.
But being fairly new to the bully scene I want my next dog to be a girl I can show and excel in
WP. Now that this house hold is steady, my wife and I have been looking for a bully bitch.
I talked with the owner earlier and she's really cool and they do quite a lot of showing.
I don't want to jump into anything, just wondering what you guys think :)

·
Registered
187 Posts
One thing I wish I saw more of with the Bullies is health testing. I know they say they are just pets but it still sucks having a pet with bad hips. I know some are trying to but its a slow process.

Reactions: Nizmo

·
Registered
187 Posts
Lately I've been checking out the local bully scene around the OR area. Turns out
I've found quite a few bully shows (posted one up in the events section). And have
Talked to quite a few kennels. Everyone so far has been really helpful and real nice.
I really like these dogs and most of their breedings, and really am considering one.
But being fairly new to the bully scene I want my next dog to be a girl I can show and excel in
WP. Now that this house hold is steady, my wife and I have been looking for a bully bitch.
I talked with the owner earlier and she's really cool and they do quite a lot of showing.
High five on doing your research! :hug:

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
One thing I wish I saw more of with the Bullies is health testing. I know they say they are just pets but it still sucks having a pet with bad hips. I know some are trying to but its a slow process.
I agree, good point out. But from what I'm told they're pretty fired dogs. They're not too far from here :) about 45 min

High five on doing your research! :hug:
Thanks buddy :D

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
Some of the dogs look ok, but 3 litters back to back bugs me and I see nothing that makes those puppies worth $1500.

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
If you are looking to WP with a Bully you are risking your money and getting heart broken. I wouldn't pull a dog without testing the hips and elbows and I know many don't care as long as the dog is alright, but I care about the whole life of the dog I wouldn't want to deal with an older dog limping and in pain. I doubt that breeder does any of that. If you want a show dog and companion dog that may be active go for it, if you are serious about WP I wouldn't go for a Bully JMO.

·
Registered
1 Posts
why not adopt instead?

there are so many pits and other bullies in the shelters that need homes!! save your money and go to local shelter, then u acn use extra money to hire as good trainer and you will do the best thing you can to promote bullys be having a well mannered dog :)

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
there are so many pits and other bullies in the shelters that need homes!! save your money and go to local shelter, then u acn use extra money to hire as good trainer and you will do the best thing you can to promote bullys be having a well mannered dog :)
:goodpost:

·
hrmph
5,349 Posts
They say they are showing but I can't seem to find any results of them actually showing? If you want a pet quality bully i'm sure you can go adopt one. If you want a show quality bully I would do more research, and expand your search. As far as healthy testing goes, as of currently it is rare but hopefully will start happening more. Ask them to health test, see if they are thinking about health testing, etc. I don't agree with breeding any dog under 2 years of age, seeing as how you can only do preliminary health testing if it's before 2 years of age. If you really like the dogs and you see them in person and really want one, then that is your decision :) Good luck Trev

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
They say they are showing but I can't seem to find any results of them actually showing? If you want a pet quality bully i'm sure you can go adopt one. If you want a show quality bully I would do more research, and expand your search. As far as healthy testing goes, as of currently it is rare but hopefully will start happening more. Ask them to health test, see if they are thinking about health testing, etc. I don't agree with breeding any dog under 2 years of age, seeing as how you can only do preliminary health testing if it's before 2 years of age. If you really like the dogs and you see them in person and really want one, then that is your decision :) Good luck Trev
:goodpost:

·
Registered
776 Posts
your missing the point .. he wants something to show and wp .. not really a shelter dog thing

·
Registered
75 Posts
nice looking pitbulls, i wouldnt pay 1500, and if the money is not a problem i would go with a pup from a champ, which i know you can get in GA for the same price or less.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.