Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night my girlfriend stayed the night and got up around 6ish and i was still sleeping. I was woken up with jas standing on the bed by me sleeping barking a growling at her? I don't like this at all. When i woke up everything was right back to normal. HA, or just protecting me???

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
Is this the first time it happens? I think he is just being protective. Did you correct it and did he calm down and was ok with your gf after?

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
yes sounds normal to me as long as was just barking. Mine will sleep in bed with me when the boyfriend is out and when he comes home late and walks in I dont think they can see right away especially in the dark and he gets barked at too and growled at. He came in one day early morning the rivers flooded or something and couldnt fish so was home at 7am. Walked in the house in his fishing gear and cali didnt recognize him and got defensive , blocked the hall way barking and growling. She stopped once he got close enough she could see who it was.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Honestly if she didnt recognize who it was and if it was dark or something I think that is good behaviour. As long as it was alerting you barking / growling. If there was a move to attack or fear of her biting then correction should be made. If someone came in my room and the dog didnt recognize I sure hope mine would alert me. She stopped you said when you woke up so I think she did a great job IMO.

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Dark figures would scare the crap out of me. Nothing wrong with it. My boy came unglued when he saw someone walking up in the middle of night ( I couldn't see anything ) but once the figure got close he started squealing because he realized he knew (and adored) the person.

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
She stoped the second i woke up. Then back to her total normal self.
That's cool then she did good. That's a dogs way of sayin..."yo, what's gowing on? Who goes there?" Lol

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
That's cool then she did good. That's a dogs way of sayin..."yo, what's gowing on? Who goes there?" Lol
Yup:goodpost: Keep in mind dogs don't talk like we do and growl for a lot of reasons. They'll growl out of boredom, because they want something, when they're excited, when they're trying to entice play, when they're enjoying a toy, there are many more reasons.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all of the responses. That was the first time she had stayed the night, it was pretty light in the room, so she could see well. Andrea made the coment that she's near sighted. hahah She even said wow you're dog's very protective of you huh. I guess it was a good thing then.

·
Registered
635 Posts
My girl is also protective of me. Let her out one night and my bf at the time was standing out in the yard and she barked and growled at him till i told her it was ok lol...she also has growled at a suspicious man walking down the street (stood in front of me and lowered her head and growled, watched him walk until she couldnt see him then was back to normal) but he gave me the creeps too lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
the dog jus didnt know what was going on for those couple of minutes so it growled and bark. hah after it figured out it was fine. mine does that when people aproach me in the night while walking her.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts