Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not interested at all

Votes: 11 100.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SO last night on back to the bullies It was brought in discussion a bit and someone had suggested the ABKC starts to recognize APBT and offer registration for them { This isnt from the ABKC and isnt being done right now it was someones idea} Was wondering what the APBT owners thought of this and if this came into effect would you consider registering.

This is my personal view on this to start out the discussion:
I think the ABKC came into effect so the owners of american bullys had a place that recognized our breeds { cause as we all know our dogs with UKC papers cant show UKC at least the majority as there dogs dont fit the standards} and could show them. It was to distinguish the breed american bully away from the APBT they were being called. I think adding the APBT to the ABKC would just add to confusion { the people who already think there dogs are APBT but infact are bully} And someone mentioned that the dogs that show up in classic class and werent bully enough to be in that class could be redirected to the APBT classes { which I thought was wrong , the breed is based off of bloodline not looks , I think if a dog doesnt have a bully enough look to it then it should be excused from the ring period, told that its not show quality doesnt mean its APBT because of the size}. I also think there are some "big " recognized regestries already up and running and have a standard in place and judges who know how to judge them in place Like the UKC and ADBA that i couldnt see many people actually wanting to switch ,maybe Im wrong here and we will see what reactions are here. I also feel that maybe the ABKC is adding breeds to the rgesrty to fast to keep up there are new breeds already - shorty bulls- frenchies - english bulldogs that the judges are having to learn how to properly evaluate them and recently been hearing about how more training is needed for judges as it is. I think standards arent being kept up in some breeds like the american bully there is no consistency with this breed so many look completely different from the other , I think the ABKC is a good regestry but I personally think from what I have been reading and watching in the forums that it has a long way to go to be at a level like the UKC. I know some english bulldog breeders and they wont even consider showing or regestering with the ABKC { at least right now , and they arent all canadian , I could understand the canadian breeders I know but even the american ones my aunt is friends with have said no not interested.} Whats your take on this idea { APBT owners} would you regester and show , and why?

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
why though? ABKC = American Bully Kennel Club

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what I thought , but it was thrown out there last night and majority seemed fine with it { although majority on that show own bullys and a few that have bullys/ am staffs and apbt's, Wanted to hear more what APBT had to say } I think I already kinda knew lol.

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
No... there are enough places registering our breed.

EDIT: Maybe if they offered a lot of dog sports... and I could register an ADBA dog for that soul purpose without fixing it since UKC closed single registration.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
I'd say no as well. I don't think that putting the dog in a different class because of looks is ok either. It's the blood that makes the dog, not the looks. I think your right, if the dog doesn't fit the standard for the breed then it isn't show quality plain and simple, calling it another breed just for show is gunna make every thing all confusing. That's the problem we already have with Bullies being registered as APBT. People are getting bullies registered as APBT through UKC already and I think the ABKC doing it is going backwards instead of moving forward. Wasn't the whole purpose of the ABKC to start registering dogs under their proper breed name?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts