1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
I personally like these types of kennels. Much sturdier than chain link, and the latches on the doors are nice when used in conjunction with a padlock or a clip. We used them at the shelter where I used to work, and they suffered very little damage over the years, especially when compared to the chain link. Put a roof and at least some pavers around the edge to prevent escapes, and ya got yourself a good kennel.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks right now i have a chain link and my female GSD has tore it up( she is an Escape Artist ) so i may invest in a couple of these kennels. yeah i really like the way they latch and the fact that it has a place for a padlock. i live in the country so i really dont have to worry about somebody letting them out but i like the fact you can lock it so the dog cant get the latch open.

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
i've been looking for something like this. is that price for 1 panel? or all 4?

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
and the latches themselves are tricky for a dog to figure out, as they have to be lifted from both sides. But I found that they got annoyingly sticky b/c of rust over time, but nothing some WD-40 can't fix!!

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
then i like the price too!

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
I like these kennels a lot. We are looking to add 2 rows of 4 of this type kennel over the next 2 years 1-2 at a time.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
The kennels themselves look awesome but escape would be my only concern (the way they're shown on the site). I'm with Indie about the roof and some kind of base at the bottom for diggers.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I'm with Indie about the roof and some kind of base at the bottom for diggers.[/QUOTE]

yeah i ask them about a top and they said they had some that would work.( will have to check them out ) my dogs don't dig so i'm good with that ( and my ground is red clay ) it would take them about a year to dig a hole big enough to get out. lol plus i want to be able to move the kennel so i can move them on fresh grass as needed.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
yeah i ask them about a top and they said they had some that would work.( will have to check them out ) my dogs don't dig so i'm good with that ( and my ground is red clay ) it would take them about a year to dig a hole big enough to get out. lol plus i want to be able to move the kennel so i can move them on fresh grass as needed.
Lucky you! I only have one that digs but that's enough. I put up limestone blocks all around our fence line before we got Nitro and I'm glad I did. Our soil in Western Australia is basically beach sand so they'd be out of our yard in minutes!

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
I was just looking at one of these for my sons dog stevie. The one I amgetting is a bit smaller but I really like the sturdiness.

·
Registered
287 Posts
i use a similar kennel from tractor supply. only thing to look for is to make sure they weld EACH wire to the frame. some of the kennels have every other wire welded and a dog can chew those apart. theyre nice kennels and with a proper floor and roof they will contain a dog.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
The one I was looking at was welded at each wire. I was thinking patio block flooring. Not sure about down south but up here in the northland patio blocks are going on clearance.

·
APBT!
9,594 Posts
That's a great idea Sharon! I like the idea of using patio block, mainly b/c it acts as pouring a concrete slab, but is transferable if Susan does want to move the kennel around! I love these kennels Susan and I can't wait to see it when you get it set up! If you guys need help, when the time comes, I'll be more than happy to come out and help!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts