·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
without a ped there is no telling.. plus those pics are way too small

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The owner says it was just given to him 2 mos ago, and the previous owner say's they didn't also know his Peds but all they know is that this Pit is pure APBT, well, according to them. I don't know, I need a second opinion about this one.

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
The APBT is not bred based on appearance rather bred for the work the breed is known for. Drive, health, strong/tight gene pool, etc are far more important than conformation. The pictures are too small to really see anything but my guess would be you either have a "pet bull", AmBully, Amstaff or mixes of the mentioned.

Breeders breeding this breed don't just hand them to anyone so you would know what you have. If you rescued or found it could be anything i said above or boxer, lab, **** hound, etc etc mixes that appear to "fit" within the "standard". So if this is the route you went it would make it far less likely an APBT landed in the shelter, at least in "true" form.

Not trying to put you down or anything just being honest. Enjoy your dog.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
you cna;t ever know with a ped, but post some bigger pics, can't see the ones you posted cause its too small.

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually this is not my dog, I was looking for a stud service for my Pit and I stumbled upon to this link. I am quite doubtful about this one so figured out that it was a good idea to show it here first and get your opinion before I make a deal with the owner of that dog.

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Actually this is not my dog, I was looking for a stud service for my Pit and I stumbled upon to this link. I am quite doubtful about this one so figured out that it was a good idea to show it here first and get your opinion before I make a deal with the owner of that dog.
Im not sure about how the currency difference but $1,000 USD would be RIDICULOUS. If you don't mind me asking how come your wanting to breed your dog?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The price tag actually is 1000 pesos, Philippine currency, but the site don't have the sign for Philippine currency, so they put US dollar sign instead, equivalent of that in your country would be $20.

Well, I have an R.E. Pit and I want to have more puppies. Breeding in our own backyard is not a big deal here in my country. Pitbulls here aren't over populated yet, spaying and neutering dogs is not common here either.

How I wish I can adopt those Pitbulls in your country that needs a home, I see them on T.V. and all I can say is, if you could just send it here, I could take 2 or more Pits to have a good home.

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
The price tag actually is 1000 pesos, Philippine currency, but the site don't have the sign for Philippine currency, so they put US dollar sign instead, equivalent of that in your country would be $20.

Well, I have an R.E. Pit and I want to have more puppies. Breeding in our own backyard is not a big deal here in my country. Pitbulls here aren't over populated yet, spaying and neutering dogs is not common here either.

How I wish I can adopt those Pitbulls in your country that needs a home, I see them on T.V. and all I can say is, if you could just send it here, I could take 2 or more Pits to have a good home.
R.E. bloodline is an american bully blood line not an american pit bull bloodline even though people register bullys as american pit bull terriers the people that cross them with real american pit bull terriers are breeding mutts.... breeding in back yards isnt really a big deal legally its a big deal morally because people are breeding poorly bred dogs, not health testing their dogs, breeding dogs with out papers so on and so fourth. i dont think a dog should be bred that isnt titled or doesnt have a purpose other than being a pet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So, why there are guys out there saying that their Pit are APBT, UKC registered and passed the conformation and then they say it's a pure Razor's or Gotti. So, how come these guys says their dog are APBT when you said they are Bullies and not from the bloodline of the real game dogs? Are they lying? There are a lot of them on the net.

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
So, why there are guys out there saying that their Pit are APBT, UKC registered and passed the conformation and then they say it's a pure Razor's or Gotti. So, how come these guys says their dog are APBT when you said they are Bullies and not from the bloodline of the real game dogs? Are they lying? There are a lot of them on the net.
yes they're most certainly lying or very very misinformed.

if you get time read the following threads.

this one first

http://www.gopitbull.com/bloodline-discussion/37291-dave-wilson-re-bloodline.html

the top link is from dave wilson one of the original people in the bully business founder of r.e.

http://www.gopitbull.com/bullies-101/37997-whats-bully.html

american bullys supposedly originally came from a cross of am staff and american pit bull terriers making them mutts before they actually became a breed. so being that the breed is a hybrid or a cross then its not an american pitbull terrier or an am staff every one here will agree. if any one else reads this correct me if im wrong but gaff's are amstaffs right? so crossing bullys with apbt's would be breeding mutts.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
No offense but if you don't even know what you own and don't even have the basic understanding of pedigrees and bloodlines you really have no business breeding animals. You are just going to randomly allow an unregistered dog to be bred to yours based on what? Why are you breeding? You have no direction no purpose no foundation your just pulling up random ad's asking strangers online what we think about a mutt?? I guess I don't understand your reasoning or logic behind this. If I could offer any advice it would be to first learn the history of the dogs you actually own learn the difference between quality animals VS just a pet then go from there. But you clearly don't know what your doing and it would be a shame for you to produce more useless animals that are not quality standard for the breed.

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
No offense but if you don't even know what you own and don't even have the basic understanding of pedigrees and bloodlines you really have no business breeding animals. You are just going to randomly allow an unregistered dog to be bred to yours based on what? Why are you breeding? You have no direction no purpose no foundation your just pulling up random ad's asking strangers online what we think about a mutt?? I guess I don't understand your reasoning or logic behind this. If I could offer any advice it would be to first learn the history of the dogs you actually own learn the difference between quality animals VS just a pet then go from there. But you clearly don't know what your doing and it would be a shame for you to produce more useless animals that are not quality standard for the breed.
sadie makes an extremely good point here.

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Registries have their own standards and there are American Bullies out there that can pass for the UKC (for instance) guidelines for our breed, it doesn't change the fact they are actually Bullies not American Pit Bull Terriers. It can be extremely confusing to someone new to the breed as to what classifies an APBT from an American Bully, American Staffordshire Terrier, Bull Terrier, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, etc.

The American Pit Bull Terrier should not be bred for the show ring as they are not show dogs. If you are looking for a show dog with many of the same characteristics the American Staffordshire Terrier is the dog for you as that was the purpose of separating the two.

The APBT was bred for the [], while this may not be the "true" beginning of the modern dog it is where the breed was perfected and came to be. Hard dogs, high drive to finish a fight with tail still wagging, not forced but willing. Game. There is a HUGE difference between a DA "pet bull" and a bulldog from tested, proven [] dogs. Very few people actually own an APBT even though majority of the population believes otherwise. Majority misidentifies pet bulls, AmBullies/other "related" breeds as well as almost anything that has short hair and muscular. "Must be a pit bull"

Because the breed is bred for traits/drives/health/etc first and foremost some of these dogs look like hounds, others fit the show standard to a "T". Weight can range from 25lbs to 55lbs as a "general rule" though there are a few larger even pushing 70lbs. If the dog can perform, thats what matters the most.

Even though in the states the [] is illegal, there are still dog men (not to be confused with dog fighters) breeding clean, accurate examples of the breed. Most of us do not [] our dogs nor would most of us consider doing so though having respect for the breed and willingness to preserve what is left of the breed, own them and care for them. With this comes a great deal of knowledge.

In many parts of the world where it is still legal is a completely different story and thread all together.

I wouldn't breed your dog if your just wanting a pet, you wouldn't be doing the breed a favor nor advancing in any shape or form whats left of the APBT. I can't stop you from doing what you wish though i would in all honesty look down on you for doing so if your goal is simply to have more pets, show, etc.

These are working dogs, while perfected with the [] in mind excel in virtually all working environments (legal as well) which is just one more reason to own one if your needing a working dog.

Hopefully all this made sense, not all "here" today.

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Exactly. If you don't even know the differences and what sets the APBT apart from the others, you have no business breeding. Breeding is just throwing two dogs together. Its an art. Science.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, I really don't have any idea about the breed, all informations I have learned from the previous people I met before were all mistakes, specially about APBT, and that is why I am here on this page asking questions to you people who obviously knows deeper about the breeds and clear everything out.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
And sadly without an understanding of percentages, traits behind dogs good and bad, and genetics you are basically contributing to the mass pool of bad genetics and useless animals who continue to populate the world in mass quantities. If you want to own some nice animals there are some good breeders out there who are breeding to benefit the breed not for a paycheck. If your breeding for money your not in it for the dogs. My mentor told me never buy a dog from a man who makes his living selling dogs. Good Luck to you.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts