Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't kept his collar on,cause of this,I thought it was caused by the collar.

But now I am not so sure.

Bruno wasn't thrilled with the camera shots

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Could be mange, i would make an appointment for your vet to be sure but thats my best guess.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
My friends lab had that happen from her collar and once she kept it off for a few weeks or more her hair finally grew back. Now she only wheres her collar when she goes outside...otherwise she is naked ;) To me it looks like collar irritation....

·
SASSY MINX
3,473 Posts
My first thought is allergies - is it on his tongue too? (is that why you posted the mouth pic). Because the back right side looks inflamed & swollen - but may be the camera angle. I wouldn't chalk it up to simple irritation & it ends up being worse, go to the vet

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah i figured it was a reaction to his collar. I have been keeping it off of him.
I will just continue to leave it off,unless I take him out.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Bullet gets little random rashes sometimes, often in his collar area if I leave it on him for too long. (I usually keep it off of him unless he goes outside.) I use cortizone spray that I got from WalMart, and it seems to help.

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
I'd have to advise a soft collar that doesnt need to be tight unless you need it to be .. plus the material is chaffing to the dogs and if they have demo in their genes then when they get stressed it will show.. see the vet.. but change collars.. and I do see inflamed gums on my right the dogs left.. pretty dammm gorgeous dog though!

Earthdog Hemp Martingale Collars - Kody-3 Small

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
look like a collar issue , is it on all the time? I try and keep my dogs flat buckle collars off when we arent out walking but want something to grab them by if needed { when people come to door or is the gettin rough playing ect} so i keep a chain martingale on them and there is no rubbing like the collars do. or as people above mentioned a sof collar might be a good option. doesnt look mange to me it looks like a rubbing issue , or it was hard to see there but does he have loose skin that kinda folds there? could be a moisture thing as well , we used to a have a wrinkly dog and the folds would get red and raw looking if moisture was in there { we had to make sure he was dried very well after baths and even playing outside whether it was wet or if very hot and sweaty} or he would get skin infections.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
It's the collar .. Bogart get's it too. Padded collars will solve the issue. And make sure the collar is not too tight. You can also remove the collar when not in use.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
I wouldn't think mange at all I would go with the collar.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
It's not mange! It's rubbing from the collar, I have a bunch of dogs that get like this from time to time. It gets really bad if they get dirty and that dirt rubs between the collar and neck and irritates it. You can try a padded collar but I also suggest a leather rolled collar it is really good for sensitive necks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts