Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fault, I let it happen.
My Male has bee taught to LOVE cars.
Grandpa was the actor..he's got nothing to do, so 2-3 times /week, he comes over to play with the dog. I'm often out in the front yard w/ Rocco, and when Grandpa turns into the street he starts hitting the car horn...he parks...yells to the dog, and makes a big show of opening his trunk to get treats...Rocco then gets handfuls of treats. As soon as he sees/hears the car, Rocco goes wild... and he keeps it up until the ritual is over.
I try to change GP's act, but his attitude is 'I'm, 86 and I'll do as I please', although he never actually says that.
But the result is that the dog expects good thinks from cars, is attracted to rather than frightened by horns, and will frequently bolt for a car or anyone leaving a car. It's tough on my arms. ( not to mention , dangerous). And so far, I've been unable to undo it.

·
Super Moderator
4,587 Posts
Ecko thinks every time I grab my keys he's going too. My kids were both in All Star Cheerleading last year and I had to pick them up at separate times so he went on two car rides every other night. Now he will turn into a howler monkey if I don't take him with me, or crate him before I leave, even if someone else is home.
Ugh, the things we do for our dogs.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I went through alot of trouble convincing Chevelle that she could jump into the truck. rewarded her with treats when she did so on my command. Only problem is now every time I open the truck door she jumps in.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Everytime I turn on my bathtub/shower my male dog jumps in lol I'm thinking of getting him a pool so he won't always be interrupting my showers xD he thinks all the water is for him.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
ooo that would be dangerous loving cars and thinking they are all good! Same with my pup and the keys. haha about the shower.

Mine is wtare bottles, or soda bottles, anytime one is left on floor, (like if your watching TV and cant reach the coffee table) Gargamel thinks they are his. I can't tell you how many drinks he has stolen from people! Sucks cause I just want to laugh when he surprises himself when he pops and they start leaking on him, lol. Sucks, I always have to warn people to hold onto their bottles...

·
Registered
144 Posts
My basset hound Audrey does the same thing with showers. She will jump in and while you are yelling and screaming for her to get out she jumps out and creates a huge mess for you to slip on when you get through.

With Bentley we hung a bell on the door for him to let us know he needed to go out. well, when he was a puppy he couldnt quite reach it so we taught him to jump to hit the bell. Now that he is a lot bigger every time he rings the bell he jumps on the door reaching up for the bell that he used to not be able to reach. The cause: ripped blinds off the door

1 - 6 of 6 Posts