Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at pics and reading about people's dogs, and I keep hearing about "gotti" pits. I tried to google it, but nothing would tell me what it is. I'm just curious what the difference is between a "gotti" and a regular pit. Someone help me understand! Thanks all..:confused:

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
It is not a type of "pit" Gotti line is an American Bully bloodline.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Fixed it... LOL. btw... I was lookin at your pic of Dosia and was looking at Kandi... LOL she actually looked a LOT like your pic in your signature... just a little smaller. That pose and everything

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
She does look a lot like D. He was way darker like she is when he was a pup.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Gottyline is an American Bully bloodline that was started by Richard Barajas out in California. His dog, Notorious Juan Gotty was the foundation dog for the line; however, Gotty himself was an APBT, who was bred by Tony Moore of Greyline.

From my experience most Gottyline dogs are more structurally unsound than your Edge dogs and it is very evident that American Bulldog was mixed in by some breeders and are often termed Gottyline Freaks. Note I say most, not all.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Gottyline is an American Bully bloodline that was started by Richard Barajas out in California. His dog, Notorious Juan Gotty was the foundation dog for the line; however, Gotty himself was an APBT, who was bred by Tony Moore of Greyline.

From my experience most Gottyline dogs are more structurally unsound than your Edge dogs and it is very evident that American Bulldog was mixed in by some breeders and are often termed Gottyline Freaks. Note I say most, not all.
I can definately see the bulldog features in a loto f the Gotti Bloodline dogs

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Gotty x Boo Boo

produced Rhino and Felony
who were bred to each other and produced Black Ace (bred by Ed Sheppard of Gottyline Kennels and owned by WCG/Aceline)
who was bred to Gottyline's Godzukee
and they produced Gottiline's Romeo
who was bred to Gottyline's Barbee
and they produced Dax
who was bred to Blue Diamond and produced Cashpot

and about 200 other kids thus far.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts

Gotti was an Amstaff not an APBT ... Gotti himself came off show bred staff's. That dog is not an APBT never was and never will be.

ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [68594] :: NOTORIOUS JUAN GOTTY

Edit: I am not trying to argue this but it's disrespectful to game dogs to call that dog an APBT. The Amstaff and the APBT have been very different breeds for a very long time. I just wanted to add that Gotti was NOT an APBT. Please look at the dogs in his first 4 generations and you will see exactly what Gotti was.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Oh and just to add some fanciers of the breed believe Gotty was mixed with English Bulldog there are some unknowns in his pedigree within in the first 4 generations so whose to say. All staff's go back to APBT's. But when looking at a pedigree the first 4 generations are what matter's the most it only takes about 4 generations of breedings to create a family of dogs so anything after 4 generations your basically only looking back for reference.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts

ok you are Tara are both wrong! lol He is a pitterstaff and heavily bred with AST. Lets not muddy the already murky waters.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
ok you are Tara are both wrong! lol He is a pitterstaff and heavily bred with AST. Lets not muddy the already murky waters.
I am not wrong he is heavy bred staff that does NOT make him an APBT. Just because 1 or 2 dogs go back to APBT's in this pedigree that still makes him a Staff he has a very low percentage of APBT blood in him. How many box dog's are in Gotty's first four generations? NONE! Lisa there is no such thing as a Pitter staff that is not a breed that is made up by people who want to call their cross bred staffs apbt's. He would be considered a heavy scatterbred Staff. And if anyone questions what I am saying go to game-dog or ask a fancier of the APBT and they will tell you the same thing. Personally Gotty looks mixed to me but because I did not see his parents bred I can't say one way or another so I am going to go off the pedigree.

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
kandi its a pit bullxamerican stafforshire terrier

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
Whopper Blue Dog.....

No dog like that should have ever been stuck with papers that lead back to wilder..

LOL sorry but Whopper used OFRN Lightner and Wilder/hemphill exclusively and people have been ringing everything under the sun with whopper dogs for a long long time. Its not AB its not EB its Whopper or OB (oklahoma bulldog which did not stick cause so many APBTs enthusiast consider the APBT the oklahoma bulldog, even though whopper derived and was created in Oklahoma.) Pick a venue and people wanted it, Its large small gamey dopey pull dogs show dogs fat dogs skinny dogs... all in which carry an old fighting bulldog gene older than even the APBT through that dang Whopper cross eddington and parker conjured up.

Google Eddie Eddington under images.. LOL WOW! where are most of these posted ??
Eddie Eddington at a APBT pull - Google Search

you see the diversity and the truth is we gotta call everyone out and put everydog touch out of the stock or practice proper breeding ethics and alienate the rest who come up with junk.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
I am going to agree to disagree with Lisa we have very different views about what makes a staff a staff and what makes an APBT an APBT. It's going to very greatly based on who you ask. I will just leave it at this. Based on Gotty and his ped he is a heavy bred staff he does have a few dog's within the first 4 generations who do go back to APBT's but the larger percentage of blood in his pedigree comes from staffs.

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
I wonder why his "complete" ped is on AMbully but not the traditional online ped ?? Hmmm... Oh well its not useful in anyway in what I got goin on. OH well I recognize a whopper rednose dog, I love them fat headed behemoths they're great bandogs just not really APBTs but oh well.. I gotta go make burgers. ..

1 - 20 of 48 Posts