Votes: 4 22.2%
  • descendants of game ancestors within 4 generations

Votes: 14 77.8%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Windbag Extrodinaire.
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the meaning of "Gamebred" to you?

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
idk bout this one, i think that just b/c they come from 'game' lines doesn't mean that they come with the 'game' get-up and go per say. i think it will vary from pup to pup, but it helps to have generations of proven 'game' ..i think it makes your chances a little higher of getting a 'game' dog.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I would have said 3 gens back, but I will go with 4. I think gamebred means that a dog is bred from a known game bloodline within three generations.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
haha...you had to!! Both parents proven game=gamebred pups....even if grandparents were curs, though that doesn't happen much. I voted #1....All alone here...LMFAO!

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
haha...you had to!! Both parents proven game=gamebred pups....even if grandparents were curs, though that doesn't happen much. I voted #1....All alone here...LMFAO!
See now you know why I said what I said LOL this is what I have been told! This is how I have understood it to be. Although madbood sampsons dad shares the same opinion as you on this topic;)

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
i wonder if this applies to all dogs? well game dogs anywho, cuz i've owned labs that came from ch parents but couldn't retrive a duck worth a flyin flip.?...

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Just to be clear here, the descendants up to 4 generations, in my mind, is when you see the 1xW, 2xW, 3xW, etc... I guess the "losses" would count too. So when someone says they have a gamebred dog, and their pedigree does not show that, then it's just a game style/type dog to me.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
See now you know why I said what I said LOL this is what I have been told! This is how I have understood it to be. Although madbood sampsons dad shares the same opinion as you on this topic;)
Yeah well Sampsons Dad kicks ass...LOL!! In the dog matching world this isn't the opinion of a few....this is the law of the land!!!

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
I voted the second one. I think that to have a game dog you have to have a few generations of gamebreed dogs in its liniage.

·
Courage
3,052 Posts
Hmmm..... How to word this, lol. I'd say that any dog bred with the intention of preserving or bettering the breed would be a "gamebred" dog. A dog bred for any other reason would be a pet. That, of course, would require the breeding of proven dogs. I wouldn't say that every single dog in the pedigree has to be proven. Guys add what they think will help. Lots of dogs have ancestors that never saw the box (on paper at least). Doesn't mean that they weren't proven game but we can't just assume that they were.Another one of those "eye of the beholder" topics.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Hmmm..... How to word this, lol. I'd say that any dog bred with the intention of preserving or bettering the breed would be a "gamebred" dog. A dog bred for any other reason would be a pet. That, of course, would require the breeding of proven dogs. I wouldn't say that every single dog in the pedigree has to be proven. Guys add what they think will help. Lots of dogs have ancestors that never saw the box (on paper at least). Doesn't mean that they weren't proven game but we can't just assume that they were.Another one of those "eye of the beholder" topics.
Damn good post!:clap:

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
What i don't consider "game bred" but apparently many do is a dog with two or three battle dogs in the 4th generation ped mixed with staffs and bully's.
Check out real game dogs pedigrees and every single dog is down from fighting dogs, and not just by relation like all apbts staffs and bully's are,ill find a example.
chinaman.
ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [26] :: GARNER'S CHINAMAN (4XW)
Homer.
ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [154] :: MOUNTAIN MAN'S HOMER (4XW)
No staffs no bully's ever in those pedigrees[No american bully's back then,duh?],just apbts,those are what i call game bred.
This is not,and this is also not intended to start a fight,argue about blues or anything,this is my opinion and contribution to the thread.
not game bred.
blue max.
ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [7009] :: COUTURIER'S BLUE MAX II
contrast and compare pedigrees and you'll see what i mean,this "watchdog" line dog is caulk full of akc dogs and ukc show dogs as well as game dogs,in my opinion not game bred,definitely scatter bred.
AND JUST A DISCLAIMER,if you own this line or anyline related, this is not a attack on your dogs,your dogs ability,nor is it saying your dogs are bully's or inferior because they are blue.
So please dont mention it.thank you.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
What i don't consider "game bred" but apparently many do is a dog with two or three battle dogs in the 4th generation ped mixed with staffs and bully's.
Check out real game dogs pedigrees and every single dog is down from fighting dogs and not just related like all apbts staffs and bully's are,ill find a example.
chinaman.
ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [26] :: GARNER'S CHINAMAN (4XW)
Homer.
ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [154] :: MOUNTAIN MAN'S HOMER (4XW)
No staffs no bully's ever in those pedigrees,just apbt,those are what i call game bred.
This is not,and this is also not intended to start a fight,argue about blues or anything,this is my opinion and contribution to the thread.
not game bred.
blue max.
ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [7009] :: COUTURIER'S BLUE MAX II
contrast and compare pedigrees and you'll see what i mean,the watch dog line dog is caulk full of akc dogs and ukc show dogs as well as game dogs,in my opinion not game bred,definitely scatter bred.
I see what you mean every dog in those first 2 peds are game dogs or game bred no show dogs/staff blood in the mix

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Game male to Game female parents...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts