Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know PR is purple ribbon, and I know it means that the dog has a certain number of consecutive generations registered with UKC. But wouldn't every dog reg with the UKC go back generations, since... your dog must be registered to have it's offspring registered? Seems kind of obvious, so why label it?

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
It use to be a purple seal on your papers to signify 7 Generations of UKC dogs in you pedigree however now it only requires 3 generations and the papers they switched to suck and look cheap...

When you could single register you could register ADBA/AKC dogs with the UKC. Having a dog that was registered many generations with the UKC some people like more.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Purple Ribbon has been around for years, not recently created. But it will not mean much for our breed anymore now that the single registry is closed. Terra is not PR because her sire was ADBA and got single-registered when he was bred to her dam. Maybe PR will mean more to breeds that are still allowed to single-register.

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
we recently got out of **** hunting about a year ago (to much time with the apbt to deal with hounds) it meant alot for our hounds to be PR because the pair of dogs we started out with were nominated for the performance program.. i dont even mention that our apbts are PR cause like was already stated... it means nothing :D

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I had always heard it was just a byb way of making the dogs look more special.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
Many BYB'ers use the PR as a title like you would boast about a CH dog. They have no idea what it means and believe it makes their dogs worth more.

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
I list 'PR' in Indie's name 'cause it's part of her name. Not b/c it's really special. It's just me being anal. lol. But I hate seeing PURPLE RIBBON BRED RARE BLU PITTS in the paper... I wanna BARF!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts