Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Your answers aren't going to be any different than here; http://www.gopitbull.com/health-nutrition/44677-what-do-you-feed.html

We have countless threads asking the same thing, but to answer your question i feed raw several months out of the year and Orijen kibble most of the year..

Went off Orijen for several months and fed Instinct, went back to Orijen about a month or so ago.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I feed mine Evo Turkey & Chicken but I also cook a sweet potato mixture that she gets afterward. I think I might be looking for a new food though.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
which acana? i had mine on pacifica and all the sudden she just stopped eating it. loved it at first though

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,564 Posts
im currently feeding TotW high prairie. but when he's done with this bag im getting Acana. not sure which one though.

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
During hunting season Raw (mostly deer) and off season it's Acana, Orijen and sometimes Instinct.

·
Super Moderator
4,575 Posts
which acana? i had mine on pacifica and all the sudden she just stopped eating it. loved it at first though
She's eating the Pacifica, but I add warm water in the mornings, and a tblspn of Evangers and warm water in the evening. She doesn't drink enough water for a kibble fed dog. She's all of 7 lbs, so by switching up the canned food in the evenings, I'm kinda changing it up for her. I plan on trying to transition her to raw after this bag.
In my experience, some dogs just prefer variety. Chili is one of them.

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
She's eating the Pacifica, but I add warm water in the mornings, and a tblspn of Evangers and warm water in the evening. She doesn't drink enough water for a kibble fed dog. She's all of 7 lbs, so by switching up the canned food in the evenings, I'm kinda changing it up for her. I plan on trying to transition her to raw after this bag.
In my experience, some dogs just prefer variety. Chili is one of them.
I agree on the variety some just like it. All mine do i have to switch it up every two weeks when I go get my TOTW one time it will Be high prairie another wetland right now their on the sierra mountain. i know I know sometimes its different protein but, keeps my dogs happy and they seem to keep weight better.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm going to be switching her up once in a while too, just haven't yet. She's only 13 months old, this is her 3rd (30 lb) bag of Evo and they last over a month each. I definitely want to start mixing a small amount of the Evo Red Meat into her food though. I love Acana, it's a phenomenal company so when I rotate her, it will most likely be with that. I have heard however, that some of the new Wellness and Innova foods are incredible. Some are upwards of 38% protein as well.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Acana , but looking to change soon due to a new job where I get discounts on dog food { unfotunately they don't carry Acana :( }

I would HIGHLY recommend Acana and Orijen though , I loved the results I see in my dogs on this food. We tried Kirklands brand and I was so Unimpressed with results, I saw the change in there coats and stools and won't go back to it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I personally think that the salmon and sweet potato is the best of all of the Blue foods (excluding Wilderness of course).

I'd like to try some of the newer foods that Acana has made, I loved their other stuff.

·
Registered
82 Posts
We've changed Two's food quite a few times, but at the moment he is on Blue large breed puppy. It may just be how he's been growing, but it seems like he's more in shape with this. He inhales it, so it's either good or he's always hungry. Sometimes he'll get a raw egg in it.

Haven't put much thought into what he'll get as an adult since it's a ways off.

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,564 Posts
We've changed Two's food quite a few times, but at the moment he is on Blue large breed puppy. It may just be how he's been growing, but it seems like he's more in shape with this. He inhales it, so it's either good or he's always hungry. Sometimes he'll get a raw egg in it.

Haven't put much thought into what he'll get as an adult since it's a ways off.
FYI... this breed is not a large breed. Large breed refers to bone mass. Like dane, mastiff, rottie...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
agreed, i made the same mistake for a short period of time because an employee in the local store told me that pits are large breed dogs, they are definitely medium though

·
Registered
82 Posts
FYI... this breed is not a large breed. Large breed refers to bone mass. Like dane, mastiff, rottie...
agreed, i made the same mistake for a short period of time because an employee in the local store told me that pits are large breed dogs, they are definitely medium though
I guess I should have specified that he's not APBT as far as we're aware. Just a bulldog of some sort, so that's what we were suggested as well. I'll look into a different food, though. I'm sure he wouldn't mind a change up ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts