Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im asking about the white one. The brindle is mine. The owners say American Bulldog and APBT and now they say Dogo. He's 8 months old and 70lbs. Im asking, cuz you guys are pretty good at this. sorry about the big pic. Tom

Attachments

· Premium Member
9,176 Posts
without papers cant tell , I would say 98% sure not dogo , atleast not pure. I can see american bulldog x but thats a guess.

· English Dogge Yard
3,447 Posts
Better pictures displaying more than one angle would probably also help people narrow down breeds, even though it is impossible to know for since theres an unknown history. I see zero Dogo.

· Original Prankster
13,974 Posts
I don't know about this one. Nothing about the face and head structure looks like an American Bulldog to me, but that could just be cause the dog is mixed with something else.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
kg420, Im with you, I dont see it either. Anyway, he's been here for a couple of play dates and they play way too rough for me. Lots of teeth smashing and ear biting. Im worried one of them will lose an eye or something. She has another APBT friend, Molly who's more Jolenes size and its just a lot of chasing and jumping around, not even any play biting. I like the idea of Jolene having friends to play with because it helps to wear her out. But Jolene together with this big white guy worries me a bit.

· Premium Member
9,176 Posts
if there was any question about a dog my dgs were around or playnig with they wouldnt be together. A dog doesnt need a friend if they get along great if they dont, dont feel the need to have to have a play date for her.

· Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Just because there's a lot of teeth showing or snarling doesn't mean they're being aggressive with each other, or even being too rough. Most of the time, if one or the other is being too rough, they will let each other know.

That being said, it's better to be safe than sorry, and if you feel like they're being too rough, you can separate them and put them into "time outs" of at least a couple minutes. That way they learn if they're too rough, all play stops.

IMO, dogs don't "need" other dogs, they get along fine without them, but it doesn't hurt, and has actually been shown to be beneficial, for dogs to have appropriate doggy playmates.

· K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,358 Posts
if dogo it would be a grand back and be scatterbred out "ghetto hound" not something I suspect.. .. I would say catahoula bulldog if I had to say a pure strain... if a X .. thats a black nose.. .. Dane APBT mix.. Dane being harelquin.. or APBT X AmBulldog mix.. my first hunch in catahoula bulldog..

· s3x drugs and el3ktro
194 Posts
if dogo it would be a grand back and be scatterbred out "ghetto hound" not something I suspect.. .. I would say catahoula bulldog if I had to say a pure strain... if a X .. thats a black nose.. .. Dane APBT mix.. Dane being harelquin.. or APBT X AmBulldog mix.. my first hunch in catahoula bulldog..
lol i was gonna say catahoula bulldog 2 coz the eyes :goodpost:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.