Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently rescued two pitbull puppies from a woman who had close to 20 of them all ages the puppies were in a kennel that had bobwire fence all inside it, the puppies were extremely skinny and were tore up. A boy and girl the girl wasnt as bad as the boy because the woman liked the way she looked better, he has cuts bite marks and scars all over hes only 4 months he also has deep gashes in his neck i've had them about a week i need to know what kind of food is best to buy to build up there body weight and what is best for the gashes on his neck. I've never rescued a dog before so i need some advice.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
If they have gashes on them you should take them to the vet. I would suggest a vet visit anyway to get them check out and vaccinated and wormed..

As for the food, personally I would say something grain free. Here you can look up dog foods based on ratings, 6 being the "best" and 1 being the "worst". Try and find the highest rated one you can afford and feed that. We had great success with Taste of The Wild but not all places carry it, mainly feed shops. Dog Food Reviews - Main Index - Powered by ReviewPost

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wormed them and gave them some vaccines but itll be alittle bit before i can get them to a vet i just need to know what i can use to help heal the places til then thanks

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Well that depends, I have no idea what these wounds look like... maybe take some pictures? Thats the only way we can give accurate advice aside from saying take them to the vet...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts