Go Pitbull Forums banner

What kind of schooling do I need to work at an animal shelter?

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Wallies_momma 
#1 ·
Hello All,
My dream is to work at an animal shelter/rescue one day and I am trying to figure out the best option for school.

I can get a Diploma in Dog Training or Veterinary Assisting (both $900 at PennFoster) or the cheaper option is a Certificate in Animal Care for Dogs (only $400). Which would be the better option? Any input you guys have would be great!

#3 ·
Hello All,
My dream is to work at an animal shelter/rescue one day and I am trying to figure out the best option for school.

I can get a Diploma in Dog Training or Veterinary Assisting (both $900 at PennFoster) or the cheaper option is a Certificate in Animal Care for Dogs (only $400). Which would be the better option? Any input you guys have would be great!
I wanna be a vet but I dont think I can do 10 years of schooling

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#4 ·
Hello All,

Why would you want to do so? Are you looking to get schooled on how thoroughly sh***y humanity can be?

You can judge a given society by how they treat their animals , children and elderly. Judged upon that criteria we're not real healthy.

#5 ·
I think the first as well. But all the people at the shelter I volunteer at started as volunteers, so you could always go down to one or find a rescue you like and play nice with the training staff there and see what the requirements or recommendations are. You also might be able to be am apprentice or something along that lines. Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.