Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know some good solid reasons for why people charge so much for the American Bully. I don't want to hear excuses such as "they are worth as much as someone would pay for them"

I used to be astonished at the prices of English Bulldogs when I wanted one. Most I would see would be 1500 on average. I asked a co-worker at the vet clinic I used to work at. And she told me it is because most of them need AI to breed and then they always need c-sections. So the breeder is probably offsetting the costs along with other puppy care.

But with the American Bully, I know they can breed and have their puppies naturally. So what is the reason for the price gouging? And what makes them worth more than your average game bred APBT... average priced at 300 to 800 dollars.

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,761 Posts
But with the American Bully, I know they can breed and have their puppies naturally. So what is the reason for the price gouging? And what makes them worth more than your average game bred APBT... average priced at 300 to 800 dollars.
This is not necessarily true... Often times it is necessary for AI and a C-section for the American Bully. This topic has been beaten to death fifty million times many of which you were the starter of the thread so I'm not quite sure why you are still puzzled on this topic unless you're just trying to get some feathers ruffled? The answer today will be the same as it was yesterday on this topic.

Reactions: Nizmo

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is not necessarily true... Often times it is necessary for AI and a C-section for the American Bully. This topic has been beaten to death fifty million times many of which you were the starter of the thread so I'm not quite sure why you are still puzzled on this topic unless you're just trying to get some feathers ruffled? The answer today will be the same as it was yesterday on this topic.
Actually I don't recall ever starting a thread on this. I remember talking about it in threads. But I never got a real answer other than "they are worth what someone will pay"

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
same reason english bulldogs are so expensive the health care of delivering pups is usually higher alot of c sections are needed it costs more, plus I think if people are willing to pay { which they are right now } then breeders will continue to ask what they ask, A dog is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Alot of bullies need c-sections when the dogs are really extreme,i dont know how the value has gotten so high but id say its due to marketing and demand.Value is in the eye of the beholder.The price just keeps gettin higher and higher because theres always somebody willing to pay it.

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,761 Posts
Actually I don't recall ever starting a thread on this. I remember talking about it in threads. But I never got a real answer other than "they are worth what someone will pay"
What other answer is there? A litter is sold based off of the sellers expectations financially regardless of the financial investment into breeding, raising, showing, vetting. EBs are not expensive because of vet bills they are expensive to maintain and breed it's because they are what everyone wants just like the American Bully.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
A dog is only worth what a person is willing to pay that is what it all boils down to. Some Bully breeder's charge that much money because they know people are willing to spend that kind of money for a dog. I know game dog's who were sold for 80+ thousand dollars granted they were proven dogs but in any event that's what it comes down to.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
you have to factor in the stud fees on some of these dogs $3000-$10,000 and in some cases more , but that also factors into why pay that much and its the same answer , its worth it if someone pays it .

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
If someone will pay it, someone will sell for it. Not sure why that's so hard to understand. Not saying it's right but it is what it is.

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I saw someone post this in another thread... a fool and his money are soon parted.

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,761 Posts
I've paid approximately $675.00 for each one of my american bullies and IMO they were the best investment I've ever made lmao (for those of you who do not know me... I am kidding. I currently own and house all of the pups from my litter which was two years ago.

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,761 Posts
I saw someone post this in another thread... a fool and his money are soon parted.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
you have to factor in the stud fees on some of these dogs $3000-$10,000 and in some cases more , but that also factors into why pay that much and its the same answer , its worth it if someone pays it .
There is another problem, why are the stud fee's so high? How much money does it cost to collect from a stud dog? I have never bred, but I can't imagine it would be half of that cost. If you are paying that much for a stud, I can see the reason for higher priced puppies. But what about people who are breeding their own dogs together from their own kennels? And still charging 8,000?

A dog is only worth what a person is willing to pay that is what it all boils down to. Some Bully breeder's charge that much money because they know people are willing to spend that kind of money for a dog. I know game dog's who were sold for 80+ thousand dollars granted they were proven dogs but in any event that's what it comes down to.
A proven game dog may have won his owner more money that that in it's career... Considering people make money out of that sport.

Alot of bullies need c-sections when the dogs are really extreme,i dont know how the value has gotten so high but id say its due to marketing and demand.Value is in the eye of the beholder.The price just keeps gettin higher and higher because theres always somebody willing to pay it.
marketing and demand? I can see a supply and demand problem for a well structured, health tested and titled bully. But the rest of the big blue dogs are a dime a dozen.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
If someone will pay it, someone will sell for it. Not sure why that's so hard to understand. Not saying it's right but it is what it is.
And that is what it all comes down to. It's like anything else in the world a market is created for a product there will always be competition and prices will vary depending on who you deal with. If your willing to fork up 10,000 for a dog god bless you it's your money and who am I to tell you how to spend it. I spend thousands for cars, and electronics. Dog's I don't usually go over 1,000. It's just what I am willing to pay and I can find a breeder who has what I want within my price range without jeopardizing quality. There are good dog's out there that range anywhere from free all the way up to thousands of dollars. A price tag is just a price tag if someone want's something bad enough they will pay what they think the dog is worth whatever that may be.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Quite a few people own bullies for their image.And look at the majority of the people that own them,they wear expensive designer clothes,expensive cars,etc.... IMO it's just another way to add to their image.Expensive designer dogs.Like anything else "designer" it's going to be expensive.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
It's like anything else I bought a mac I paid 2500.00 for my laptop people would say I only paid for the name of my product. But I don't care I believe my mac to be superior over all other laptops on the market therefore I was willing to spend that kind of money for a laptop when someone could argue I could have gotten a laptop of same or better quality for 1500.00 less. It doesn't change the fact I am willing to pay more for what I believe to be better and superior to other products on the market. I am just using this as an example it's the exact same principal.

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
And that is what it all comes down to. It's like anything else in the world a market is created for a product there will always be competition and prices will vary depending on who you deal with. If your willing to fork up 10,000 for a dog god bless you it's your money and who am I to tell you how to spend it. I spend thousands for cars, and electronics. Dog's I don't usually go over 1,000. It's just what I am willing to pay and I can find a breeder who has what I want within my price range without jeopardizing quality. There are good dog's out there that range anywhere from free all the way up to thousands of dollars. A price tag is just a price tag if someone want's something bad enough they will pay what they think the dog is worth whatever that may be.
Quite a few people own bullies for their image.And look at the majority of the people that own them,they wear expensive designer clothes,expensive cars,etc.... IMO it's just another way to add to their image.Expensive designer dogs.Like anything else "designer" it's going to be expensive.
It's like anything else I bought a mac I paid 2500.00 for my laptop people would say I only paid for the name of my product. But I don't care I believe my mac to be superior over all other laptops on the market therefore I was willing to spend that kind of money for a laptop when someone could argue I could have gotten a laptop of same or better quality for 1500.00 less. It doesn't change the fact I am willing to pay more for what I believe to be better and superior to other products on the market. I am just using this as an example it's the exact same principal.
:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::clap:

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
This place in Florida charges almost $20 for a margarita. When I argued with the owner after I saw the price he told me that he an charge that much because he had the best tequila around ; additionally, it was HIS restaurant so he could charge WHATEVER he wanted for HIS drinks. I spent $120 on margaritas that night. That was some bangin tequila too!

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
My family is an Apple family as well :) Iphone4, Ipad2, Macbook pro, I will pay the extra couple of hundred bucks for a quality product.

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I agree. There are two things I wonder though, are they super rich or are they getting into their Ford Fiesta and driving home to their shack. :rofl:

Personally I have a problem with excess. Perhaps this is because I was raised by a very frugal father. lol Even if I were rich, I would not pay hundreds of dollars for a pair of jeans, that are fabricated by a kid in china being paid 5 cents an hour. A car is different, you really get what you pay for with a car, same with a house generally. And a lot of expense goes into building and selling a car, not much goes into sticking two dogs together to breed.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts