Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I woke up this morning to Oreo's screaming. He was wet & he was on his back with a cord on top of him. We think he may have been shocked. He doesn't seem hurt, but he's really scared. He won't let me walk away from him. My mom said just to stay with him & try to calm him down a bit & she'll check on him when she gets home from work. Any ideas on what i should do until she gets home?
 

·
Rather be hunting/fishing
Joined
·
401 Posts
I would suggest a vet. I've been shocked before, some the damage isn't noticeable for a few days.

on a side note, if he was shocked, and you didn't have any tripped breakers you have some power in your house that is not grounded right.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I have no way to take him anywhere until my mom gets home. & the cord was out because I'd had a fan on for him the night before. He managed to unplug the fan and pee on the extension cord.
 

·
Rather be hunting/fishing
Joined
·
401 Posts
With a different thought, when I human gets shocked. The docs will ask questions like is the sky blue.and equally odd things, that make you think.

You could try doing tricks/commands. Make sure Oreo responds right. And watch him run and/or jump to visually look for anything wrong. But these are just my thoughts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well yea I've been doing that. & we just went outside for him to go potty & he was running perfectly fine chasing a butterfly. But he keeps sniffing the air so I'm wondering if he can't smell right or something.
 

·
LOLZ
Joined
·
1,086 Posts
I wouldn't be overly concerned...honestly 110v isn't a lot, I've been hit by 220+ and it's not a horrible thing. Odds are he was just shocked when his pee hit the cord, but he probably didn't get too bad of a jolt. Just monitor him, as long as he's starting to behave normally, I wouldn't be to overly concerned. The vet isn't going to do much anyways except probably ask you to do a bunch of reallly expensive tests to see if any damage was done. Just watch him closely, and if you notice any severe behavorial changes, or lethargy then I would consider the vet...just my .02 cents...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,010 Posts
poor Oreo! Hope he is back to himself soon! I would think he might have peed when he was shocked, or is he not trained yet? Just seems weird he would pee on a cord. But like Vilebeast said your electricity isn't right I would get an electrician to check it out. Especially if you ever have kids at your house (or have kids yourself) It should have tripped a breaker if he got shocked and if none were tripped he wasn't shocked or your house is wired weird.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top