Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day (yesterday) i noticed a small, nickel sized red bubble on cai's knee... still dont know what it is and its still there.. here is a pic, what do you think it is? He got it in the house I think, while he was on a play date with one of my good friends.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Insect bite of some kind maybe? Is it raised?

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
looks like a hot spot skin lesion. but it doesn't look that bad. i think you caught it fairly early. around the size of a nickel? my shih tzu gets them sometimes.
lots of treatments you can do at home. assuming it IS a hot spot. you can search treatments online. most involve cleaning. antibiotic. and possibly a hydrocortisone. keeping it clean is most important. and try to keep your dog from licking or biting at it. (near impossible because it's probably driving him bonkers). good luck!

Reactions: aus_staffy

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
looks like a hot spot skin lesion. but it doesn't look that bad. i think you caught it fairly early. around the size of a nickel? my shih tzu gets them sometimes.
lots of treatments you can do at home. assuming it IS a hot spot. you can search treatments online. most involve cleaning. antibiotic. and possibly a hydrocortisone. keeping it clean is most important. and try to keep your dog from licking or biting at it. (near impossible because it's probably driving him bonkers). good luck!
yeah, about the size of a nickel. i been cleaning it with sulfodene that i had at home. hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
looks like a bite of some kind. I would just clean it up and watch it for a few days. If it starts to look better then it was a bite of some sort. If it gets worse then it could be several things from just and irritation, ring worm, cancerous tumor, or any number of things that could be no big deal or something serious. When I see weird things like this on my dogs I wait and see what it does. Will it get better or worse and that will let you know what your next step is. You could also try hydracortizone cream to help if it is a reaction to something.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok, sounds good Lisa, Thanks for the heads up, i'll watch it. oh god, i hope its not ringworm or a tumor.. :-/

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Sorry didn't mean to scare you!! Chances are it is nothing at all and why I am a wait and see person and do not get excited easily when I see stuff like this.
I did have a really bad experience and why if it sticks around, gets worse, bigger, or more of them i would be off to the vet. My American Bulldog had a lump the size of a marble and it kind of looked like that. So I do what I always do and watched it. Then he got a few more with in a week and I took him to the vet. They took them out and did a biopsy and it was cancer. It was a really fast, rare, form of cancer and in a matter of 2 weeks he was covered in little tumors from nose to tail about the size of a marble. We could not possibly take them all of and 35 days from the first bump we had to put him down. we were heart sick to lose a 5 year old dog that way so when I see a bump like that I will watch it for a week. If it gets bigger or worse in anyway without getting better in a week I am off to the vet. Now what Zeus had was really rare but that made me a little paranoid about bumps and why I see no reason to rush to the vet right away but if it does not get better then I am going.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well i definitely trust your judgement. I have been keeping an eye on it for a couple days now and it loosk like its getting better, ill give an update tomorrow afternoon. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts