Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back to the Bullies​

Bully in the Bag​

Tonight the designer breed issue is being discussed, in its entirety. Are the American Bully and Shorty Bull the Labradoodles and Peek-a-Poo's of the Bully Breed community? What exactly went into the development of these breeds? Was there a plan or was it just the popular thing to do?

Tune in as Ms Chavez and BTK sit down with 2 of the Shorty Bull community leaders and BBCR founders Amy and Jake, and discuss what the creation of the Shorty Bull actually entailed and why the breed was even created. Also of course we have the latest news affecting Bully Breeds and the Thanksgiving recap!!

As always join us in the chat room on American Bully World during the LIVE show and interact with other B2B listeners and the hosts of the show!

Tonight
10pm EST/ 7pm PST

Only on American Bully World
http://www.AmericanBullyWorld.com

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
So is tonight going to be a discussion of these things or just defense of the bullies?

It seems like every show excuses are made and its just defending bullies not actually discussing why these things are the way they are.

Of course if more people called in I guess you could have more of a discussion.

Reactions: buzhunter

·
I AINT HARD TO FIND
7,624 Posts
So is tonight going to be a discussion of these things or just defense of the bullies?

It seems like every show excuses are made and its just defending bullies not actually discussing why these things are the way they are.

Of course if more people called in I guess you could have more of a discussion.
:goodpost:

·
I AINT HARD TO FIND
7,624 Posts
yeah i have and its VERY bully oriented. Just took about 20 minutes of listening in to be turned off by it. No offense. But I feel just like Holly does. don't take that personal, it's just how I feel.

·
Banned
3,471 Posts
Im not. But, Ive been there every Tuesday and Ive never seen you in the chat which is where the majority of the discussion occurs. I agree its Bully oriented, BUT, it is a radio show on American BULLY World.

No big. I was just wondering.

·
I AINT HARD TO FIND
7,624 Posts
Yep it IS on american BULLY world and no wonder why its nothing but defending bullies... Nice for bully owners and breeders, just not for me

·
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes! Definitely a discussion!

I agree in part with Holly on her post. Although as a host, I do not feel I defend or make excuses for the American Bullies poor breeding practices, I try to explain why I feel things are the way they are within the community. An opposing view does not always constitute an excuse.

I have welcomed opposing views, on numerous topics and have been fortunate to have the discussions with a handful of people on air. I receive countless emails, but I think some people are just nervous about calling in to the show, or may just be working when the show is live.

I try to base the majority of questions or topics, around Bully Breed lovers in general. Tonights topic about the Designer breed, will also, or should also touch on why breeds in general are created, not only the how but also the why. Touching on the APBTs history as well.

I have come to the slow realization that not everybody loves BTK. I have APBT people that like me, and those that loathe my very existence, same for Bully people, some like me some hate me. The funny thing is, some of them say I call them out too much, on what they are doing in regards to ethics. I have people that say I dont challenge game dog people enough, or fight dogfighting, or promote rescue, or fight ear cropping around the globe, but heck I am just one dude, so I do what I can.

I definitely dont take it personal, when someone does not like the show, its not their thing and I can respect that. We have been fortunate to attract a large listener base that has put us in position to promote responsible breed ownership, and thats what we have to do.

I do get frustrated with the same old arguements against Am Bullies, only because I am ready to move on. Before the show hits AM/FM and (fingers crossed) satelite radio, I want to be done with most of the BULLY arguements, as a flock of our new listeners will not know the difference one way or the other. We will have to be a great DOG show with a Bully Breed Twist.

I am open to discuss anything, health testing, showing, breaksticks, training, confinement, behavior, sterotypes, events, weightpull, or just my dog did this cute today, ok I lied I could care less about my dog did this cute today. Hopefully some of the listeners we lost, or never quite captured, I will have the opportunity to win back, but if not I will catch you on the boards!

Thanks for the feedback.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Well I have no issue with it being "bully oriented" lol as it is back to the bullies, but statements like bullies being targeted bug me and I do hear alot of defense over why these things are the way they are with bullies rather than actual discussion on if the should be this way.

I will stick around no matter what tho as I would like to see how the show grows an progresses.

·
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Thank you Holly! I agree progression is needed, and have faith that we plan on bringing more discussion to the discussiun lol!

I will definitely bring more discussion to the interview tonight!

Oh Side note:

The intention of the Bullies in Back to the Bullies was to target Bully Breeds in general, eventually that will be more prevalent especially when the show goes to radio staion programming.

Back to the Bullies not Back to the American Bullies, as it often seems now lol.

Thanks for bearing with us as we grow, I need honest feedback, and thank you for providing that!

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
there will always be the purist/coventional type that believes the bully has no true purpose therefore it should not be or that the am bully is living off the apbt name and making it look bad. i do believe a breed without purpose is destined to suffer! without purpose theres no direction and that is the biggest problem with the bully imo. too many of the so called breeders are breeding for stats and peds instead of thinking about the dogs.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
See that Karma...I sit there and run my mouth and I end up not being able to make the show lol.

·
Courage
3,052 Posts
I don't understand why bully folks would want other bully folks to challenge game dog folks?
What's the point in that?

Reactions: StaffyDaddy

·
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
In regards to challenging, I think their are a lot of individuals who feel that the ideals portrayed by a large section of "game" dog enthusiasts are unethical and inhumane. These feelings are not only shared by "Bully" people but show, rescue and general vanilla dog owners. I have received emails asking why I don't challenge the game dog faction on what they believe in regards to breed preservation.

Why ask me to challenge them, in large part because I'm a host, but a large part know I'm not a Bully person, per se, as I don't own one and my likes and dislikes have prevented me from obtaining one. I also like to believe that I am objective and can see both sides of any arguement, lastly it is a platform that is heard by thousands. A venue that is different from a forum, where responses take hours if not days to transpire.

I understand that most " game" dog people will balk at just the fact that a perceived Bully person is challenging them or preservation of the breed, but I have spoken to some that don't just upchuck in their mouth at the mere word Bully" in BTK and have had eye opening conversations. The fact that I do talk to people in both groups is why I get all the "why" questions directed at both sides, when a disagreement arises.

By the way the topic for next week is.

Dogfighting and the preservation of the American Pit Bull Terrier.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts