Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I havent used treats in along time, I use Roxy's little squeaky toys that she loves as a reward to praise her. I know alot of people use little pieces of hot dogs or get the treats from the store or give the dogs home made treats. Im curious to know, what treats you use to train your dog? :)

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Anything that works. :) I've been using Bil-Jacs liver treats from Petsmart recently, and cutting them in halves or quarters. I've also got string cheese I like to use. But Kane is such a food hound, he'd eat whatever I gave him and love it.

·
Banned
283 Posts
I use Pup-Peroni. I cut the sticks up and put them in a ziplock bag and they seem to love it. Whenever they hear the bag they come running and automatically sit... lol

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Gargamel doesn't feel like treats sometimes so I use a laser light as a reward, he LOVESSSSSSS his laser light.

The only treats he will eat are the ones I make for him, he is spoiled and its fine by me I would rather know what he is eating anyway. He has a weird belly if I give him new food so I stick with Cheese, the biscuits or his laser when training.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
I mostly use praise but to train tracking I started out with tiny tiny pieces of hot dog. The find it game I used small pieces of bil-jac.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
I use the natural balance meat rolls and cut those up. Bella goes nuts for that stuff.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
I use mainly praise, sometimes hot dogs or chicken. My husband also makes extra jerky for the dogs we when make ours so sometimes I have that.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
puperoni works well you can tear them into tiny peices easily ,but anything works with my dogs they are so food driven , cheese, hot dogs, sandwich meat, chicken anything really.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I use small pieces of boiled chicken, homemade tuna treats, sometimes I use kibble and have her work for her dinner, sometimes I cut up the low fat mozzarella cheese sticks into small pieces.

With store bought treats I usually get the Zuke's minis, the Cloud Star chewy tricky trainers and the crunchy tricky trainers, Dr. Harvey's Power patties (freeze dried tripe - can break into small pieces), and Grizzly Dehydrated Wild Alaskan Salmon Fillets.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Natural Balance food rolls. Particularly duck and potato. She loves that stuff and I also use it to train her in trailing (not tracking, but close). Hot dogs are nice cheap treats but she's got skin problems, so the HQ stuff keeps her hotspots at bay.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts