Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does your dog do everything you want him/her to do? If there was something you could change behavior or training wise what would it be?

I want to do agility with Vendetta. I am having the hardest time to get the weave pole down. :hammer: She will do it fine when I have my hand in front of her moving her along but once I take my hand away or move it to above the poles she balks at the poles. I als wish I could get her to quit being so wiggly in the mornings that my sister is home. Vendetta acts like something special is going to happen because she is home. I guess I did that to her because now that V and Mari( my sisters dog) don't get along I would take V to the lake on sat and sun mornings....well it is frozen now :roll:

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
I wish Bee would focus more, but I have so many dogs with such wide personalities I have just excepted it all and between them have 1 super awesome dog lmao.

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
hmmm this is a great question Sharon, lol. hmm let me go down the list, hahaha

Phoenix - well, there are a few things, I would like for him to be more recpetive to new things, but he is getting old and likes to be at home most of the time or with me, lol. He is a great dog, and my best friend, I would love for him to be able to pass his TT and CGC, but his DA won't let him. I wanted to do WP with him but he tried to eat every dog anywhere near or around the track, his focus was on them and not on me. SO he will remain my constant companion and best road trip dog ever, lol.

Penny (RIP) - actually, about the only I would change is her not having seizures and her food aggression with other dogs, but other than that, she was the BEST dog I could ask for. :D

Orion - ok even though this boy has his CGC and his TT, his OB is spot on, he is great off leash, his recall is awesome, my only problem with him is his shyness around new people, he has to come to you on his own terms or he will bark and run away like a big chicken, but once he accepts you, he's fine. I wanted to agility and flyball and possibly dock jumping with him but alas due to him having luxuating patellas, taht will never happen. I do wanna see about maybe doing some SAR or tracking with him but IDK.

Phoebe - hahaha just her spaziness, and she is a bit lazy but with the right coaxing she will do anything, I am training her in WP and she has done confrmation, next year we will be back in the ring, I would like to get her CGC as well, and maybe do some agility or something with her, she would make a greta therapy dog as well. So we shall see.

Ok that is all. lol

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Pretty Girl- I wish she had more energy and drive.She's just to darn lazy.Although sometimes I guess that's a good thing.lol

Fatboy- I wish he wasn't still so skittish and scared of alot of things.I think I could train him to do wp,but he's scared of every loud noise and fast movements.

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
I wish my dog would talk. Would be awesome to figure out wth she thinks about all day...

kidding aside, I haven't been able to properly leash train her.. :( my fault I know...

·
Registered
379 Posts
Nila has a ok recall off leash but it could be better but thats my fault. Main thing I would like changed is her attention span.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Wish loki would CALM DOWN big time , work with him and think hey we improving and then someone comes over and he back to " Im a 3 month old puppy in a 100lb body routine"
my girls are just great though :) Love my bullys

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes the spazz times are a bit over the top. I should have my skin hanging in threads the way she jumps and paws at me when she has been alone for a little bit. I know she will never be a calm dog so I accept her and is hoping someone buys my an armor suit for christmas.

·
Silver VIP Member
596 Posts
I wish Nubs food motivation was cut down about 25%. He's TOO food motivated and if there is food involved he won't pay attention to anything besides that food. Great for if I need his attention for a loose dog, horrible if I'm trying to teach him how to walk a dog walk.

If I could change one thing and one thing only about him is HE WOULDN'T LICK SO MUCH! OMG this dog licks, and licks, and licks and licks, and will keep licking even when told to stop. It's hard to sit next to him because he starts licking your face, and then when you tell him to stop he starts to freak (because your not happy) which causes him to lick more which makes you angrier which causes him to go into mad licks. He also does run by kisses to my nephew who's face is at him level and if he knocks my nephew down, he'll start licking him to death. Its ANNOYING! It's the one thing I HATE about my dog. Sometimes I honestly wish they docked his tounge instead of his tail. I think his tail would be less annoying.

·
Good with tools
9,791 Posts
I just wish I had more time to work with Bob. He's a blast, no issues and I wouldnt change anything about him. Im the problem that needs fixing around here lol

·
parasite killer
518 Posts
I would change myself as their trainer. I suck at teaching them stuff other then love and basics. I need to learn how to better train them because I would love to get them into things, like wp, dock diving or something, Ice loves the water, has crazy drive, but like I said I suck so we have no real outlets for all of that other then recreational fun. Kaos is a bit lazy, smart, but not the smartest, so I don't have a clue what I could even do with him. I figure just about everything I don't like about them, which isn't much, is my fault anyway... I guess I will have to work on me, so that I can work on them.

I agree with wishing they could talk too, they understand english like crazy, but I do not understand all that dog talk.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I wish Nubs food motivation was cut down about 25%. He's TOO food motivated and if there is food involved he won't pay attention to anything besides that food. Great for if I need his attention for a loose dog, horrible if I'm trying to teach him how to walk a dog walk.

If I could change one thing and one thing only about him is HE WOULDN'T LICK SO MUCH! OMG this dog licks, and licks, and licks and licks, and will keep licking even when told to stop. It's hard to sit next to him because he starts licking your face, and then when you tell him to stop he starts to freak (because your not happy) which causes him to lick more which makes you angrier which causes him to go into mad licks. He also does run by kisses to my nephew who's face is at him level and if he knocks my nephew down, he'll start licking him to death. Its ANNOYING! It's the one thing I HATE about my dog. Sometimes I honestly wish they docked his tounge instead of his tail. I think his tail would be less annoying.
Your post made me laugh out loud! While we don't have it quite as bad as you've described, I can relate! Especially the "please don't be annoyed with me for licking you" lick.

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
I wish Helena would pay more attention to me during training and commands. She doesn't always respond the first time she is given a command. Although she knows the commands, she's a very stubborn dog.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
I would change the fact that if I crouch down to get a nice shot of them they wouldn't run over and think I wanted to play too. I cannot get good pics if the dogs nose is the only thing in the shot. Plus it makes for lots of lens cleaning time.

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
There's only one thing I'd change about Kane and that is ... me. :) I've made a few mistakes with him and yet he's still turned out to be a (mostly) obedient, happy go lucky, goofball dog at 11 months. :) I have to learn how to be more patient with him because even though he's food and toy motivated and he's smart as a whip, he's still a puppy and can have his definite ADD moments -- and on the flip side, he has a tendency to get frustrated with himself if he isn't catching on and I have to repeat things for him.

Oh, wait! His excited peeing! He's gotten a ton better about it, but he'll still sometimes go pee when he gets excited -- and trail that pee all the way to the door cause he realizes he's not supposed to do that, lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts