Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
hes little cause hes inbreed
i like the ped.. i think firehazard was asking to see a pic to see him as far as body structure (the ped says his color) :D

in my experience ive had some very heavily linebred dogs and it doesnt make them small just because they are inbred ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok im going to have some picture up soon on him but im really looking for the right dog to breed him with

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
May I ask what have you done with him ( titles, etc) that would make him worthy to breed? Just because a dog has a great ped does not mean it should be bred. (hey that rhymes!)

Look forward to seeing some pictures!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Great ped if its all true (I think having the the wins on there, etc are tacky, but that is just me - the old wins where the dog was proved nation wide are all good). I feel the dog is line bred myself. Its really just semantics. If your dog grows to be healthy and a good representation of the breed, I would call him breed worthy. Many dogs are groped in a show ring, worked out, titled, but are still mutts. They are most definitely not breed worthy. These aint show dogs. They are working dogs that are being crossed and are endangered of being whipped off the face of the Earth.

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
I agree, the ped looks decent enough (seen worse on here)...of course the equation is not complete until you know what dog you want to breed him to.

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
i would like to breed my dog with a eli god or a mayday dog..
Has your dog proven itself in function and ability? Mentality, drive, put to use.. PEDs are nice to obtain, hand written or registry, it serves as a knowledge base for all that your dog is (or isn't) however that information doesn't define the dog, the dog defines itself true to nature.. If your dog isn't a hard worker, proven in tasks that test character and heart than he shouldn't be even considered for a breeding program.. If he has, than mentality, stability, sound structure should also ALL be considered..

There are LOTS of good Bulldogs, American Pit Bull Terriers, etc.. that really shouldn't be bred.. They offer nothing additionally to the gene pool in both preservation OR advancement within the yard or foundation structure that any other dog wouldn't offer.

Great pet qualities shouldn't be bred, there is enough pet quality dogs out there.

If your dog is proven in the show ring thats great, however that is not what these dogs are defined as thus still not breeding worthy unless we were talking about AST or Bully..

Only you know what you have done or haven't done, since you bring it up expect questions. We don't support useless breedings around here, so when someone new comes along mentioning breeding there is typically a wave of questions that follow.

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
Has your dog proven itself in function and ability? Mentality, drive, put to use.. PEDs are nice to obtain, hand written or registry, it serves as a knowledge base for all that your dog is (or isn't) however that information doesn't define the dog, the dog defines itself true to nature.. If your dog isn't a hard worker, proven in tasks that test character and heart than he shouldn't be even considered for a breeding program.. If he has, than mentality, stability, sound structure should also ALL be considered..

There are LOTS of good Bulldogs, American Pit Bull Terriers, etc.. that really shouldn't be bred.. They offer nothing additionally to the gene pool in both preservation OR advancement within the yard or foundation structure that any other dog wouldn't offer.

Great pet qualities shouldn't be bred, there is enough pet quality dogs out there.

If your dog is proven in the show ring thats great, however that is not what these dogs are defined as thus still not breeding worthy unless we were talking about AST or Bully..

Only you know what you have done or haven't done, since you bring it up expect questions. We don't support useless breedings around here, so when someone new comes along mentioning breeding there is typically a wave of questions that follow.
:goodpost::goodpost:

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts

I respect what you're saying and can not argue too much, although I doubt many who have listed breedings on here have done what you expect them to do...not just newbies either! Actually if they are not proven [] worthy(who cares if they are workers in agility, etc. or are good in the show ring), then they should not be bred...but this is just not going to happen for the majority. Like I said, I've seen worse pairings on here, but I understand the lesson you are teaching;)

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
hey i know what i got here and i know hes going to produce some CH :)
Nobody can actually stop you from doin what you want to just remember no advertising here . we dont condone the breeding of untitled or unproven dogs

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Well, technically, hog hunting, agility training, conformation showing, weight pulling, etc. don't count either...so I'm not casting any stones LOL!!! Good luck to the OP, and continue to educate yourself before making any hasty decisions:)

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
I respect what you're saying and can not argue too much, although I doubt many who have listed breedings on here have done what you expect them to do...not just newbies either! Actually if they are not proven [] worthy(who cares if they are workers in agility, etc. or are good in the show ring), then they should not be bred...but this is just not going to happen for the majority. Like I said, I've seen worse pairings on here, but I understand the lesson you are teaching;)
Well, technically, hog hunting, agility training, conformation showing, weight pulling, etc. don't count either...so I'm not casting any stones LOL!!! Good luck to the OP, and continue to educate yourself before making any hasty decisions:)
Hog hunting counts with Bulldogs aka not proven to APBT.. Show conformation, WP and anything that requires less than what the breed is shouldn't however. ;)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts