Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
About what? What veiwpoint are talking about? Those of us that care about this breed will always have a veiwpoint we will always voice your opinions too.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
I think he is asking your veiws on the page provided in the link. The link goes to a pitbull related site.

To the OP you may want to actually say something in your post as most people will not just click links that could be to a spam or virus site.

Reactions: MY MIKADO

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Ahhh I dont normally click on links. especially if I dont know the person doing the links. Like Holly said virus and stuff.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
I think he is asking your veiws on the page provided in the link. The link goes to a pitbull related site.

To the OP you may want to actually say something in your post as most people will not just click links that could be to a spam or virus site.
Yupp I almost deleted the thread and banned him as a spammer. :goodpost:

·
Silver VIP Member
1,069 Posts
I don't think I understand the point of the title. It's asking what has happened to the viewpoints of Pit Bull owners, yet the article is about how the Pit Bull can rebound from bad situations and how it has gotten a bad image due to cruel and irresponsible people. I really don't see how the two are connected, since there was no explanation attached.

3,968 Posts
ummm...yea.. my way of thinking as an apbt owner is always be cautiouse of other people. ESPECIALLY paranoid neighbors. to always respect people who are afraid of the breed. but try to educate as much as possible. and learn as much as possible. i HATE owners that can't tell dog breeds apart and call whatever dog they own an apbt. or people who think an apbt is great with any dog on the planet because they want the breed to look so appealing to other owners of dif breeds. and as always the american bully owners that swear their dogs are pure bred apbts have always ticked me off. no offense to bully owners. just people who own any breed can be pretty clueless. i think we have to worry about more then just what goes through the minds of apbt or bully breed owners minds. every breed is in danger of having a pretty thick headed owner... to put it lightly neway.

so like am i any where near close to what this thread was about?? the link wont open for me. and decription is a bit vague...

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
here is the first paragraph if that helps, I think his question is "what happened to the viewpoints of pit bull owners":

(the dog on the right was the SI cover from the 70's where the dog is all fangs under the headline "BEWARE OF THIS DOG"

Stubby, the stray on the left was the most decorated dog in WWI. He is the only dog ever in United States history to achieve the rank of Sergeant due to extreme heroism. He was cared for and loved by the men in his regiment. The frenzied animal on the right has been systematically tortured to make it fight for people's entertainment. They're both Pit Bulls.
They could be Golden Retrievers. They could be St. Bernards. They could be Chihuahuas. There's only one real difference between Pit Bulls and other dogs.

The abuse.

(Pictured: Bad Dog? After perpetrating one of the worst and least deserved hatchet jobs against a dog breed in history, even Sports Illustrated has figured out who the real monsters are. The public, however, is still far behind.)

UPDATE: Although PETA (their ethics apparently don't extend to pit bulls) AND the Humane Society cruelly called for their destruction, 47 of Vick's 51 rescued dogs recovered from their abuse and were able to be placed, many with families. Johnny Rotten (pictured above) is just one of them. Their new owners report astonishment at the dogs' ability to put years of aggressive training and systematic torture behind them. Four even work in therapy roles - including one in California which is so gentle and peaceful he's used as a "listener" for self-conscious children trying to work on their reading skills.

To all the pit bull haters out there- It's time you stopped lying about our dogs.

Yonah Ward Grossman | Facebook

My guess is the article are not saying the actual act of fighting dogs is the abuse, but the way so many "bad" people have got their hands on the breed since back in the WWII days. I agree to a point. these dogs have been fought from the beginning, so if that is what they are calling abuse, then it makes no sense why NOW there is a problem with some. If the dogs were not allowed into the hands of "bad" people, mine may not have been born. I rescued my pup from a friend who could not care for him after the BYB had left them alone and my boy was attacked by his brother and sisters. Without the "wrong people" getting access to this breed I would not have my pup.

I hate when people have thick chains and studs on their dogs, or get their teeth changed to be gold, that is the WORST I feel. I think the dogs look tough enough they don't need additional "help" to make people continue to have negative reactions to their looks. I also don't like people who use them as a status symbol or something like they are super cool cause their dog is a pit. Half the time they are not even APBT. I have read this guys blogs before and he seems OK from what I read. But that statement is whats misleading. What do you think he is meaning?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts