Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I am going to be order brewers yeast and garlic tab today, Im getting them from Lambert Vet Supply, I am hoping they help with flea control. Has anyone ever used them and if so what results did you get? Also I am going to order some salmon oil or some sort of fish oil. What is the best type to get. I have been giving Hope Omega 3s but I have been finding them spit out (sneeking little girl!!). So Im going to get a liquid to put on her food, she want spit her food out, this dog loves it when its eating time..LOL. I am also wanting to get a mthly flea controll what do you use or have used and like or didnt like??
Any help and appinions will help as I want to get thees items ordered so I can get it on them before the fleas breakout, and andy thing you use on your yard to controll fleas.
Thanks and have a nice day:woof:
Angie

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One more thing what is best a collar or a harness, I was told that a harness you have no controll over your dog all they do is pull when on a harness. I need to order Hope a new one Boom keeps chewing hers off of her(crazy dog LOL) so what do you perfer?
Thanks again
Angie

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
I have heard mixed comments on the brewers yeast and garlic tabs. I personally think they are a waste of money. For omega 3 and 6 I use organic flax seed oil from whole foods. I haven't tried salmon oil yet but I cook salmon for myself and give some to Bella. As far as flea and tick oils like advantage or frontline. I don't use them because I don't want to poison my dog with that crap. I have never used them and never will. I use natural sprays from a natural dog website. My girl is a house dog and only goes outside to potty and walks plus I live in the city so I don't feel the need for any of the harsh chemicals and pesticides others may put on there dogs. Just my personal preference :)

As far as the best collars go I like www.nizmosk9supply.com he is a frequent visitor on here and has very strong well made nylon collars and the price is right ;)

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
I love the brewers yeast and garlic tabs we had such a bad season for fleas last year and I was at the vet every 3 weeks getting new advantage dosages and still nothing , we bought sprays for the house I was OCD about cleaning everything but it was a nightmare { and one of my girls gets bad bumps from fleas no good} . I bought the brewers yeast and garlic by accident thought it was a supplement I just grabbed the wrong bottle , figured I dont return anything so I might as well try them . The dosage seems like alot I think it was 1 pill for every 10lbs so my big guy was getting 9-10 pills a day and its daily so you need to keep ontop of it, a few weeks after starting them on that they had no fleas at all NADA was great. { we had stopped the advantage by then as well } this year im not using pesticides on my dogs thankfully im sticking to these pills they work great for my dogs.

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
I use brewers yeast and garlic and bone meal (among other things) for Gargamel's biscuits. If you want the recipe let me know! Don't know what they help with, but its the only ones he will eat, lol.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
I think its a spammer, a mod will take care of him lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.