Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I see a lot of people asking others if their dogs are APBT or American Bully, & I just wanted to know, what's the difference? All I know about my puppy is that his mother is fawn and his dad is blue brindle. How do we know what they are?

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
yup you need pedigree. bullys are generally bigger thicker build although not always taller. You can read up on them more and the 5 classes of bullys in the bully 101 section on here or at www.abkc.org

Reactions: Patch-O-Pits

·
Registered
40 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
no thats a guess, i have a bully who weights 45lbs. on average the bullys are bigger but you can get huge apbt's as well { not often} and small bullys. really need to see pedigree to tell.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Aren't bullys supposed to be huge compared to pitbulls?

For pitbulls:

For bullys:

Info from here:
American Bully dogs Information and Pictures, Am Bullies

American Pit Bull Terrier, Pit Bulls, Pitbulls
That site is garbage and they couldn't have picked a poorer example of an American Bully. There is no weight range for the breed because there are five different classes for the American Bully.

Check out the Bullies 101 section please for more information about the breed.

The link below is the ABKC CH/GR CH list. I have linked most names to a picture and you can get a better idea of what an American Bully is.
http://www.gopitbull.com/bullies-101/37535-abkc-champions-grand-champions-running-list.html

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Good post Lauren

And I agree Dogbreedinfo is crap information wise and even you can get a picture posted for a breed without even showing proof of them being said breed. (personal experience)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Good post Lauren

And I agree Dogbreedinfo is crap information wise and even you can get a picture posted for a breed without even showing proof of them being said breed. (personal experience)
Really? What breed did you get them to post and as what? Now I'm curious.

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
GSD/Lab mix page, my friend had her mixed shelter dog posted on the Pit Bull page as a test. There's 7 pages of straight pictures, showing little to no consistency on what the breed should look like, there's a few nice athletic dogs, then you got short and squatty dogs, mastiffy full of wrinkles dogs.

They post all sorts of dominance nonsense "You dog should walk behind you" bs.

I must refrain from going further in on the topic, I'll get overly ranty :p

Long story short, I cringe everytime I remember that I even bothered posting him on that sight. Sigh.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts