Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Administrator
What's your opinion on big-name kennels like venom line kennels, Dark dynasty kennels, bossy kennels, big Gemini kennels, and other breeders that sell dogs for $10,000 to 100,000.

BLUE PITBULL PUPPIES FOR SALE
If you are serious about asking, I'd suggest doing some research on Pit Bulls. I have no idea what those dogs are in the pictures of that link.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you are serious about asking, I'd suggest doing some research on Pit Bulls. I have no idea what those dogs are in the pictures of that link.
I know they aren't Pitbulls they just call them Pitbulls I think to get people interested in their dogs the dogs in the link are XL American bullies. pit bulls are 30 to 70 pounds and are animal aggressive and don't come in crazy colors blue, merle, or tricolor. Xl bullies are the largest out of all the American bully classes and can come in blue, merle,tri-color, etc.

Registered
I didn't see that guy on the website say his dogs were "Pit Bulls" he called them what they were.
I think if a breeder wants to sell their dogs for a penny to 100k, that's their business.
Most people have no idea what it takes, as in money-lots of it- time, timing, life balance, loss of work, to breed the right way. I am sure those dogs, like French Bulldogs, usually have to be done by AI then have a C-section done (not all). So, as a vet tech, I can add all those numbers in my head and tell you the approximate estimate to breed is around 7K to 15K, and I didn't add the stud fee. I want to meet the person who is handing out 20K for a puppy. I want to be their friend :D lol. (kidding).

The owner of the link you posted has a 'bloodline' and his dogs look consistent. We may not like the look of his dogs (I don't like the look of many breeds) but a lot of other fanciers of that breed do. He took years breeding the right pairing together to get to where he is. He didn't take two dogs and just throw them together to try and sell them for over $10K.
I know a lady who sells her Chihuahuas for that much..$10k and up. The American Bully isn't the only breed.

Registered
Now, for the second website posted, the guy did mislabel his breed. He could be using the word "Pitbull" as a marketing tool. I don't like it and you don't like it, but the only ones that he will fool are the uneducated ones. I am sure his registry doesn't name his dogs as APBTs.

Registered
Now, for the second website posted, the guy did mislabel his breed. He could be using the word "Pitbull" as a marketing tool. I don't like it and you don't like it, but the only ones that he will fool are the uneducated ones. I am sure his registry doesn't name his dogs as APBTs.
Honestly I don't think anybody buying a these dogs Is under any illusion of what the breed is, and if they are, they are too dumb to be handling that amount of money 馃槼

Registered
What's your opinion on big-name kennels like venom line kennels, Dark dynasty kennels, bossy kennels, big Gemini kennels, and other breeders that sell dogs for $10,000 to 100,000.
They are nothing but grifters, who USE dogs.
The advertising is TOO slick and professional-looking, too over-the-top. Anyone falling for it - anyone who can't see the deception, anyone who contributes to this grift and to the propagation of often cruel malformations - does not really like DOGS. And these people deserve cruelty right back.

Registered
They are nothing but grifters, who USE dogs.
The advertising is TOO slick and professional-looking, too over-the-top. Anyone falling for it - anyone who can't see the deception, anyone who contributes to this grift and to the propagation of often cruel malformations - does not really like DOGS. And these people deserve cruelty right back.
In my opinion that's just jealousy. For something to be too slick and too professional to like dogs is a very very bad argument, you can love dogs and work towards bettering the breed while also making money. They don't breed bad and unhealthy dogs and they don't kill pups that are unwanted, they also don't over breed their bitches. What part of this suggests they don't love and care for the breed? The part that they're successful? Makes no sense mate.

I'm mainly familiar with BOSSY kennels, and they do a damn good job if you ask me, can't comment on the other kennels tho

Registered
Here is the home page picture of their "Pit Bulls"
View attachment 91137
They're not pitbulls though they're bullies, mostly XL bullies and you can't really tell their health problems from the pictures, maybe look at all the videos they have on their SM pages? I know people with dogs from BossyKennels and they're top quality show dogs, if you're trying to tell me you can see the issues with these dogs from the pictures you have no idea what you're talking about. Again, they're not pitbulls. They also don't claim all the dogs are pitbulls, they have some pitbulls but mostly bullies if you actually took the time to read the webpage

Administrator
The very first line of their homepage is "WELCOME TO BOSSY KENNELS!!! HOME OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PITBULLS".
I certainly know what the difference is and what I am looking at but the uninformed do not.

Registered
The very first line of their homepage is "WELCOME TO BOSSY KENNELS!!! HOME OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PITBULLS".
I certainly know what the difference is and what I am looking at but the uninformed do not.
Are you serious? You read my comment and still didn't read the website. Home of the most beautiful pitbulls doesn't mean that pitbulls are the only dogs they have. Literally the first paragraph on the site "most beautiful pitbulls / newly termed American bullys you will ever see" it's literally the same sentence you are quoting. How can you be so adamant and so wrong at the same time?

Registered
Wow, all I can say is prices are insane! I don't know that I've ever seen a rare breed priced like that, let alone a "regular" breed. But, I guess if that's what you want to spend your money on, go for it. If I could find one, I wouldn't hesitate to spend $1000 on a Papillon.
And, personally, I flinch at "we ship internationally". I'm sure it can be done safely, but should it?
But I that's just my personal opinion and probably not worth a grain of salt!馃槉

Administrator
Are you serious? You read my comment and still didn't read the website. Home of the most beautiful pitbulls doesn't mean that pitbulls are the only dogs they have. Literally the first paragraph on the site "most beautiful pitbulls / newly termed American bullys you will ever see" it's literally the same sentence you are quoting. How can you be so adamant and so wrong at the same time?
Plain and simple, I didn't see even one pit bull on their site. The only true pit bulls are the American Pit Bull Terriers. Those dogs don't come close. The OP asked for opinions. I gave mine and you gave yours and I'm through wasting time on it. What we don't allow is people spreading false information here and loose the attitude.

Registered
Wow, all I can say is prices are insane! I don't know that I've ever seen a rare breed priced like that, let alone a "regular" breed. But, I guess if that's what you want to spend your money on, go for it. If I could find one, I wouldn't hesitate to spend $1000 on a Papillon.
And, personally, I flinch at "we ship internationally". I'm sure it can be done safely, but should it?
But I that's just my personal opinion and probably not worth a grain of salt!馃槉
It's not an insane price if people pay it. There has been a very successful worldwide effort to build an aura of tremendous value around these dogs. The breeders are very very good at doing this.
Shipping anything internationally is a big issue for me. I advise going to go see how they keep their dogs in the country you are shipping to. Many countries do not have the space Americans are used to and many animals live in crates/cages. I would have to know before I ship anything AND know very well (VERY well) the people that are getting my dogs. I do not detect any interest in these breeders doing this and this tells me it's not about the dogs at all.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts